Lost Ability to Approve Applications

Started by PhoenixRisen, November 12, 2018, 05:27:55 PM

PhoenixRisen

Hi all,

I recently lost the ability to approve cadet applications in eServices and neither myself nor my unit CC have any idea why.

I've submitted a question to the NHQ Help Desk, but figured I'd check in here to see if anyone has seen anything like this before.

I still have my CDC Duty Position listing and all other items that come with it... I'm just not seeing pending applications showing up in the Approvals section.  My commander is, though, so we know they're still coming through.

Thanks!

NIN

Have your CC assign you to personnel temporarily, see if that changes anything.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: NIN on November 12, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
Have your CC assign you to personnel temporarily, see if that changes anything.

Thanks!  I'll give this a shot.

TheSkyHornet

I believe I've had access in the past to approve/deny applications; however, that's really not a role for a CDC anyway.

The Unit Commander needs access for every function of every member in his/her unit; but deputies, not necessarily.

This is a Personnel function.

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 12, 2018, 10:42:55 PM
I believe I've had access in the past to approve/deny applications; however, that's really not a role for a CDC anyway.

The Unit Commander needs access for every function of every member in his/her unit; but deputies, not necessarily.

Can the CDC approve award recommendations?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

NIN

this isn't award recommendations: its cadet online applications.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PhoenixRisen

Just doing what's asked of me; but hey, if you'd like to come join our unit's recruiting effort and get us a Personnel Officer... I'd appreciate it!

8)

Holding Pattern

This isn't an issue. You see, we fixed the glitch.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

OldGuy

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on November 13, 2018, 12:19:02 AM

Just doing what's asked of me; but hey, if you'd like to come join our unit's recruiting effort and get us a Personnel Officer... I'd appreciate it!

8)
Facebook jobs worked for us!

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: OldGuy on November 13, 2018, 01:06:33 PM
Facebook jobs worked for us!

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll see if we can get something put together!

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on November 12, 2018, 10:56:11 PM

Can the CDC approve award recommendations?

Negative. I can only make recommendations, and they're generally only at the request of my Commander who tells me what to put on there in my own words because I'm traditionally the speech/memo writer.

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on November 13, 2018, 12:19:02 AM

8)

Don't get snarky.

Sometimes the things asked of us aren't within our capability. eServices isn't going to change to suit your unit's particular way of doing things.

Consider it a blessing---one less thing you have to do.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 13, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
Don't get snarky.

Aye aye, sir!   ;)

QuoteeServices isn't going to change to suit your unit's particular way of doing things.

I'm aware... I've been a member for 14 years.  This isn't about it "changing to suit a unit's particular need"; it's about an existing function that was here today, gone tomorrow.  'twas but a simple technical question.  Please feel free to keep your two cents on my unit's operation to yourself unless asked for some expertise.

kcebnaes

Did you recently let your membership lapse, even by a few hours? I recently did that, and all of my duty assignments showed up fine, but the permissions in eServices did not. A quick helpdesk ticket, and they were able to fix it quickly! Also, if that is the case, double check your committee assignments too-I had to reassign myself to every single committee.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: kcebnaes on November 13, 2018, 05:48:20 PM
Did you recently let your membership lapse, even by a few hours? I recently did that, and all of my duty assignments showed up fine, but the permissions in eServices did not. A quick helpdesk ticket, and they were able to fix it quickly! Also, if that is the case, double check your committee assignments too-I had to reassign myself to every single committee.

Hmm... membership renewal for me was October 31, but I renewed weeks in advance with no lapse... all committee assignments are still showing with their original assign dates, as well.

Thanks for the insight, sir!

PhoenixRisen

Situation has been resolved and permissions restored via eServices help desk.  I replied back asking what happened, so we shall see!

kcebnaes

Great/! I'm glad that worked out for you! Is there a way you can keep us updated on what the cause was? One of my Assistant Wing/DPs currently has that same issue that you had, and I gave him the same helpdesk recommendation.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: kcebnaes on November 14, 2018, 05:33:52 PM
Great/! I'm glad that worked out for you! Is there a way you can keep us updated on what the cause was? One of my Assistant Wing/DPs currently has that same issue that you had, and I gave him the same helpdesk recommendation.

Will do!  As soon as I hear from the Help Desk, I'll get back here with the cause.