Hurricane Sandy

Started by JK657, October 28, 2012, 07:22:15 PM

RickRutledge

Quote from: SARDOC on November 06, 2012, 02:36:23 AM
Quote from: CAPR 60-32-3 e. General Emergency Services (GES).  To participate in emergency services training or operations, personnel must be current traditional members (not patrons, cadet sponsors, AEMs, or legislative members) having  completed level one and cadet protection training (senior members) or achievement one (cadets).

Got it. We can still teach it, especially if the Lv1 is complete and awaiting processing, but no credit to be received until Lv1 credit is complete.
Maj. Rick Rutledge
Wing Public Affairs Officer
Oklahoma Wing
Broken Arrow Composite Squadron
Commander
Civil Air Patrol
(Cadet 1996-2001)

Walkman

We had a new SM start this summer. We did a full Level 1 class for him and then right into GES, the idea being he gets started off quickly. I know there are new members that don't want to be heavily involved in ES ops, but there are few people that would balk at helping in an emergency. Mentoring new members into Curry & Level 1 plus GES quickly is a good foundation to CAP overall.

Eclipse

My wing has two crews working.  One issue is the new incoming storms which will likely put things on hold for a bit.

Something that just struck me - assuming they didn't vote absentee, these guys will not be able to cast a ballot.

Bummer.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on November 06, 2012, 04:57:42 PM
My wing has two crews working.  One issue is the new incoming storms which will likely put things on hold for a bit.

Something that just struck me - assuming they didn't vote absentee, these guys will not be able to cast a ballot.

Bummer.

I hope they get a chance to vote.  Stay safe.

NIN

Quote from: SARDOC on November 06, 2012, 05:11:10 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 06, 2012, 04:57:42 PM

Bummer.

I hope they get a chance to vote.  Stay safe.

I had dinner with those crews last night, Bob. Those that didn't vote absentee before leaving are hosed.   Fanboy is in that boat.   He's got Skyfall tickets for Wednesday night, too, he's gonna miss that.  Bummer.

ETA: Wait, they're from Chicago. Vote Early, Vote Often, right?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Walkman

MIWG has three crews/AC over there.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Walkman

NIN

Quote from: Walkman on November 07, 2012, 04:59:01 AM
Quote from: NIN on November 06, 2012, 06:16:04 PM
KCON?

Say again?

Say again: Kilo Charlie Oscar November.

I already got the fill from Red Robin One.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Walkman

Quote from: NIN on November 07, 2012, 05:00:44 AM
I already got the fill from Red Robin One.

As a quick aside, I met Col. Burke this summer at the SAREVAL. Knowing both of you were MIWH cadets, I asked him if he knew you. He raised his eyebrows and replied with a hesitant "...yeeesss..." It was kinda' funny.

Back to the thread at hand.

RiverAux

http://www.capvolunteernow.com/todays-features/?ny_wing_helps_red_cross_distribute_food_supplies_to_sandyaffected_areas&show=news&newsID=15287

New York Wing spends more than 1000 man-hours helping Red Cross load food.  One might argue that this sort of effort is probably actually more useful than all the aerial photographs we took. 

NIN

Quote from: RiverAux on November 08, 2012, 08:28:33 PM
One might argue that this sort of effort is probably actually more useful than all the aerial photographs we took.

ARE taking. The birds are still here in the NG hangar waiting on Wx today
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

RiverAux

Sorry, I just go by what our public affairs officers manage to get out there :(

Huey Driver

I don't think anyone posted this link yet, or at least I didn't see it.

Zoom in and check out our work, still in progress!

http://fema.apps.esri.com/checkyourhome/
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

SARDOC

Quote from: RiverAux on November 08, 2012, 11:16:48 PM
Sorry, I just go by what our public affairs officers manage to get out there :(

By the looks of the message traffic we will be taking pictures for quite some time.