are we now the civil patrol?

Started by starshippe, October 27, 2011, 02:37:44 PM

blackrain

My ID card arrived in the mail Tuesday. Nearly identical to the old one except it is considerably thinner plastic. Maybe they are saving money with the thinner card. I don't know.
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

PHall

Quote from: blackrain on November 03, 2011, 01:56:54 PM
My ID card arrived in the mail Tuesday. Nearly identical to the old one except it is considerably thinner plastic. Maybe they are saving money with the thinner card. I don't know.

The new company ID I just got at work is a lot thinner then the card it replaced. Maybe it's a trend in the industry?

NCRblues

Just got this in an email from my wing king

[/quote]
" Civil Air Patrol's National Executive Committee has authorized a limited number of additional types of missions after reviewing priorities for the use of reduced federal funds during the continuing federal budget uncertainty. The NEC was able to do this because CAP has received some additional federal funding, but the amount is insufficient to go back to normal operations at this time.

With the approval of Maj. Gen. Chuck Car, national commander, the following missions are now authorized:

Air Force Rescue Coordination Center-approved missions.

Air Force-approved disaster relief missions.

Some Air Force-funded training and check ride missions.

Maintenance "A9" sorties.

Air Force homeland security missions.

Other Air Force-approved missions.

Air Force-approved "B" missions funded by other agencies or by members.

Corporate "C" missions.
Reduced funding is also affecting the Air Force and other Department of Defense agencies.  The situation will likely continue until Congress and President Barack Obama approve the final Fiscal Year 2012 DoD Appropriations Bill" [/quote]
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RiverAux

I wonder if our State Directors are going to be pared back as part of the AF's 9000 civilian job cuts.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: RiverAux on November 05, 2011, 01:52:19 PM
I wonder if our State Directors are going to be pared back as part of the AF's 9000 civilian job cuts.
Looking in my crystal ball ::)
I would think at the Detachment Level (Regions) you could see some eliminated and than the remaining realigned.  Might even just see 3 remaining and renamed Eastern, Central, & Western.  Also you might see the State Directors number of wings responsible for get reorganized to reflect the total number of units, aircraft, & missions in wings versus the geographic square miles manning formula currently utilized.

Again anything in the AF that is  "administrative mumbo jumbo" versus direct operational is subject to being cut.   
RM   

PHall

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on November 05, 2011, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on November 05, 2011, 01:52:19 PM
Looking in my crystal ball ::)
I would think at the Detachment Level (Regions) you could see some eliminated and than the remaining realigned.  Might even just see 3 remaining and renamed Eastern, Central, & Western.  Also you might see the State Directors number of wings responsible for get reorganized to reflect the total number of units, aircraft, & missions in wings versus the geographic square miles manning formula currently utilized.

Again anything in the AF that is  "administrative mumbo jumbo" versus direct operational is subject to being cut.   
RM

We're already doing that. Take a look at the CAP-USAF Directory on the National web page.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: NCRblues on November 05, 2011, 05:47:52 AM
Just got this in an email from my wing king

" Civil Air Patrol's National Executive Committee has authorized a limited number of additional types of missions after reviewing priorities for the use of reduced federal funds during the continuing federal budget uncertainty. The NEC was able to do this because CAP has received some additional federal funding, but the amount is insufficient to go back to normal operations at this time.

[/quote]
Well my sources tell me it was because the AF was concerned that CAP would over shoot its' funding allocation and CAP was able to convinced the AF that its' CAP wings could properly monitor the funding allocation to avoid over commitment of funds. 
RM