are we now the civil patrol?

Started by starshippe, October 27, 2011, 02:37:44 PM

starshippe

anyone have any info on the very recent limitations on cap flying?

thanks,

bill

lordmonar

Nothing here out west?  Why what did you hear and who from?

Last Tuesday we are were fully funded for O-rides, we have SAREX comming up, we are flying our aircraft to/from wing conference.  I am on the news feeds from wing ops about anything having to do with flight operations....and I have gotten nothing about any limitations.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

starshippe

please note... this is copied from an email that i received. i assume that it is legit.

All,

Due to limited funding available, the NEC has suspended all training, maintenance, and  orientation flights (including "A", "B", and "C" missions) until further notice.  This also includes Corporate missions for state and local agencies.  Further information will be coming tomorrow.

Sorry for the short notice,

TERRY M. RAYMOND
CAP National Operations Center

Spaceman3750

Why would they restrict self-funded training/o-flights and unfunded/customer-funded missions? That doesn't even make any sense...

Thrashed

Please take note

Effective immediately

ALL PAWG USAF PAID  FORM  5/91 FLIGHTS ARE CANCELLED

ALL PAWG USAF PAID TRAINING IS CANCELLED

ALL PAWG USAF PAID O-FLIGHTS ARE CANCELLED

Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 9:49 PM

ALCON,

An emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee was held this evening to decide the best way to deal with the Continuing Resolution which expires 18-Nov-11 and has changed from a quarterly 80% tranche release of appropriated funds for CAP from CAP-USAF, to a month to month release. CAP-USAF has informed us  that CAP will not receive additional funding requested for November. As a result four members of NHQ staff have been laid off  and effective immediately all training and cadet orientation flights will cease, all major aircraft and vehicle maintenance (such as engine replacements) will be deferred, all corporate travel will cease (not region travel) and all new cadet uniforms will be put on hold.  Only actual SAR missions and IAF mission such as EADS and MIPR funded missions will be flown. This moratorium will continue through the present CR period which expires 18-Nov-11 and further until a new CR is approved or until congress approves the president's defense budget.

V/R

Col (Chris) Hayden CAP

Commander

Northeast Region, Civil Air Patrol

Save the triangle thingy

FW

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on October 27, 2011, 02:52:15 PM
Why would they restrict self-funded training/o-flights and unfunded/customer-funded missions? That doesn't even make any sense...

Aircraft are considered AF assets and, maintanence is AF funded...

a2capt

Hey, that board meeting, the one in the other thread, that looks like a waste of travel funds .. lets see if that falls under the no NHQ travel bit.  I bet they still have their fun at the Marriott anyway.

...and with Orientation Flights- great, if they had not railroaded off Member Owned aircraft. Sure, we can get fuel another way. Heck, I don't even care if I buy a tank myself, the cadets wouldn't have to pay, but you can't even get a Form 5 in a member owned C172 without a bunch of crap. Ah well..

Nothing yet out west, as far as canceling approved missions so far. It's still early in the day..

a2capt

Well.. the same news spread further west. Came from PCR..

Not that I'm otherwise denying it, just was more curious if any Wings would hold out pending their own funding reserves.

lordmonar

Well I guess I should have checked my e-mail....I just got that E-mail too.

lordmonar

Please note....that we can still fly self funded C missions.

bosshawk

Hmmmmm: break out the long johns and stoke the fire in the living room, it is going to be a long winter.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Spaceman3750

Quote from: FW on October 27, 2011, 03:16:29 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on October 27, 2011, 02:52:15 PM

Aircraft are considered AF assets and, maintanence is AF funded...

Ah. I thought the hourly rate included contributions to consolidated maintenance or something like that.

lordmonar

They do...but B missions also obligates other federal funds as well not directly related to flying and maintenance.

That is why we can continue to do C missions.

Eclipse

Happens every year in some form or another.

"That Others May Zoom"

starshippe

we have been told, in fairly certain terms, that only af missions, including eads and mipr, which i am not familiar with, are to be flown.
   we have a county funded sundown patrol, that we have flown for the past 30 years, that will not be flown.
   i, as an fro, have been specifically told not to release any c flights.

bill

NCRblues

Wow...

Didn't it take congress until April to pass the last budget? So, grounded from Oct-Apl?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

lordmonar

Quote from: starshippe on October 27, 2011, 05:17:53 PM

we have been told, in fairly certain terms, that only af missions, including eads and mipr, which i am not familiar with, are to be flown.
   we have a county funded sundown patrol, that we have flown for the past 30 years, that will not be flown.
   i, as an fro, have been specifically told not to release any c flights.

bill
I guess the county has not funded the flights this year.

NHQ has not suspended C missions....so it must just be a local thing.

Woodsy

Florida Wing's SAREVAL scheduled for next weekend in Marco Island has been canceled.  This was a major operation with around a hundred personnel from all over the state.  Literally thousands of man hours have been involved in planning and preparing, including an extensive practice exercise.  In other words, this is one big cluster%$#&. 

At this point I'm just hoping members don't get stuck with hotel cancellation fees for rooms that were supposed to be reimbursed. 

lordmonar

FLWG reinburses lodgeing?

Cool.  Wish we had that kind of money.

FW

This just in:

Sent on behalf of Mr. Don Rowland

Members of the National Board,

During a telephone meeting on 26 October, the NEC set priorities for use of limited Federal funds during the current continuing budget resolution.  Their prioritization decision will allow CAP to continue to support critical Air Force assigned search and rescue, disaster relief and air defense intercept missions.  These actions were taken as a result of the reduced funding authorization CAP, the Air Force and other Department of Defense (DoD) agencies are currently experiencing while operating under limited budget authority.  This will more than likely continue until Congress and the President approve the final FY12 DoD Appropriations Bill.  CAP leaders are unsure if Congress will pass the DoD budget by the 18 November Continuing Resolution (CR) deadline or if they will extend the CR like they did several times last year.  The major difference this year is that DoD (because of the Federal government budget uncertainty) is funding CAP on a monthly basis instead of quarterly and that has significantly reduced CAP's budget authority.  In order to ensure limited Federal funding is available for "real world" Air Force directed missions, the following events/items will be paused until DoD is able to significantly increase CAP's FY12 budget authority.

Events/Items Paused

·       All Air Force training and evaluation missions both air and ground

·       All cadet orientation flights

·       All Counterdrug missions

·       All aircraft maintenance movement "A9" flights

·       All aircraft major maintenance.  In most cases the aircraft will be grounded if major maintenance is required.  Minor maintenance will continue.  Any minor maintenance that exceeds $500 must be approved in advance by NHQ/LG.

·       All "B" and "C" missions except 1st AF directed "real world" "B" missions (Note: Federal funds are used to offset major maintenance expenses on Corporate missions so "C" missions have to be curtailed as well.)

·       Sending uniforms to new cadets

·       Sending materials to new members

·       All Federally funded travel (example: IG team travel)

·       No overtime or funded travel for CAP employees including Wing Administrators

·       All vehicle maintenance will be postponed, with the exception of emergency repairs, until funds are restored.  Any emergency maintenance that exceeds $250 must be approved in advance by NHQ/LG.

We understand the inconvenience and concern this will cause some of our members, but it is prudent that CAP take these actions in order to ensure that we are able to support all "real world" Air Force directed missions.  Thank you for your understanding and support.  If you have any questions, please contact John Salvador at (334) 953-7748 ext. 235, cell (334) 538-2697, or email jsalvador@capnhq.gov.

Very Respectfully,

Don Rowland