Everything is uploaded, why is it not approved?

Started by Gravestone, July 17, 2011, 12:23:12 AM

Gravestone

I recently became training status on UDF and GTM3 and I needed IS-100, IS-700 for both GTM and UDF and first aid for GTM as well.  I just completed everything I needed to become active, and uploaded all needed tasks to e-services.  I was wondering who in the squadron approves these, because it's been at least 2 weeks since they have been uploaded, and I've been missing out on missions (even despite my training status). I would like to go up my chain of command, but its been a little wonky ever since my flight and first sergeant have gone away for the summer. Now my element leader is flight sergeant, and another element leader is first sergeant.  If anyone could give me some insight as to who it is (what position) approves these qualifications, I could have a better understanding as to how to go about asking up my chain of command.

coudano

commander and es officer can approve at each echelon,
but your qualification has to be approved by squadron, group, and wing

here at my unit, historically the squadron and wing were very fast to approve pending actions in the system, but there was nobody home at the group level (the group commander was VERY non-internet-savvy), and things would sit pending there for weeks and months.

Of course I think you already know, but you can go on actual missions as a trainee, provided you have completed all of the familiarization and preparatory tasks.

EMT-83

Just curious, how are a bunch of strangers supposed to know how your chain of command works?

Your squadron commander (or deputy commander, or whoever) isn't going to bite your head off if you ask a simple question. "Excuse me sir, everyone seems to be away on vacation. I have a question..."