Main Menu

Officer Stuff

Started by yolo, August 22, 2019, 07:33:03 PM

yolo

Hey Guys,

I am finally an officer (woohoo!), and I was wondering;

1. What items should I get off of vanguard?
2. Any additional items that are just helpful?

Thanks,
TheMeepMan

Eclipse

Epaulet sleeve shapers: https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/small-epaulet-sure-shaper

(Just not sure what size for cadets, large vs. small).

"That Others May Zoom"

Shawn W.

I prefer the Rubber Belt Shirt Tailor over the shirt stays. I feel it's more comfortable.

https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/hidden-tailor-flex-belt-shirt-stays

That's just my personal preference though.

xyzzy

See if any new duty positions you pick up along with the new rank have a radio call sign associated with them. If so, memorize it.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: xyzzy on August 23, 2019, 02:14:11 AM
See if any new duty positions you pick up along with the new rank have a radio call sign associated with them. If so, memorize it.

Cadet officer

xyzzy

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 23, 2019, 01:37:16 PM

Cadet officer

I noticed the original poster is a cadet officer. Communications plans are written at the wing level (and above) so will vary from wing to wing. In my wing the cadet commander is definitely assigned a call sign, and it wouldn't be unusual for one to be assigned to the cadet communications officer.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: xyzzy on August 23, 2019, 02:40:32 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 23, 2019, 01:37:16 PM

Cadet officer

I noticed the original poster is a cadet officer. Communications plans are written at the wing level (and above) so will vary from wing to wing. In my wing the cadet commander is definitely assigned a call sign, and it wouldn't be unusual for one to be assigned to the cadet communications officer.

Ah. Tracking.

Toad1168

Don't live in the bubble of your own squadron.  Network with other cadet officers in your Wing and beyond.  There is a wealth of information out there, good and bad, to help you succeed as a cadet officer.  You can learn what has and hasn't worked and truly grow your squadron.
Toad