eServices Help

Started by CAPTShaw, February 06, 2017, 06:14:12 PM

CAPTShaw

Not sure is this is the place, but I could not find a section for eServices questions.

I can't find where to make someone a trainee in eServices, example GTM3, ie show that the person as a trainee on their 101 card?

Thanks in advance.
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

Eclipse

Qps Quals, SQTR worksheet.

CC first approves pre-reqs, then after doing all the Fam / Prep tasks, CC approves
Fam / Prep.

The last step makes them a "Trainee" and allows mission participation.

"That Others May Zoom"

Live2Learn

Next eService/WIMRS question: 

Both CAPR 60-1 and CAPR 66-1 reference the eAircraft Discrepancies guidance found in WIMRS... except what used to be easily available and found in WIMRS ain't there no more... :(

Does anyone know how and where to find the CAP document or documents that provide guidance on how to use eAircraft Discrepancies, and what should be included, and who's name should be attached to the maintenance record(s) that document resolution of a squawk?

etodd

Quote from: Live2Learn on February 06, 2017, 10:10:38 PM

Both CAPR 60-1 and CAPR 66-1 reference the eAircraft Discrepancies guidance found in WIMRS... except what used to be easily available and found in WIMRS ain't there no more... :(

Does anyone know how and where to find the CAP document or documents that provide guidance on how to use eAircraft Discrepancies, and what should be included, and who's name should be attached to the maintenance record(s) that document resolution of a squawk?

Does your squadron not have a Maintenance Officer? Upon landing the plane, any squawks should be texted/phoned to him/her immediately. That person should then know the procedures.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: Live2Learn on February 06, 2017, 10:10:38 PM

The module itself is under WMIRS - Support - Maintenance Module.

Wing DO says only pilots and OPS staff have rights to create, others can view.  I'm able to see the discrepancies, but can't create new ones or edits them.

Looks pretty straightforward otherwise.  I would imagine wing policies vary, some may allow pilots to enter, others want the POC to do it, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Live2Learn

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2017, 04:13:45 AM

The module itself is under WMIRS - Support - Maintenance Module.

Wing DO says only pilots and OPS staff have rights to create, others can view.  I'm able to see the discrepancies, but can't create new ones or edits them.

Looks pretty straightforward otherwise.  I would imagine wing policies vary, some may allow pilots to enter, others want the POC to do it, etc.

Who enters squawks varies by Wing, even within Regions.  Take a look at the range of approaches in the Supp CAPR 66-1.  The documentation in WIMRS was last updated in October 2011, with a series of ten videos posted on Vimeo about two years ago that go into the mechanics of most modules, but not maintenance or the eAircraft Discrepancies System.  You might say that, beyond the short 30 or so words in found in a single paragraph within CAPR 60-1 and not many more words in CAPR 66-1, there isn't much guidance beyond myth and sacred mysteries :) .