Main Menu

Reproducing records

Started by IceNine, September 01, 2007, 09:45:49 PM

IceNine

Ok, Ladies and Gent's this is going to be a sticky thread to get into BUT...

A few years ago when National Boards where in Cincinnati, I was awarded a Commander Commendation, personally handed to me by Gen. Bowling for working on Support team for the conference.  There was no citation, just the certificate and ribbon. 

The problem is my certificate was ruined in a flood a couple years ago, and there is nothing listed on E-services for the award.  I talked with nationals and they said there is no record of it.

So, Do I get to continue to wear the ribbon as awarded? Do I pretend it never happend? or is their a 3rd option where everything comes out Kosher?

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Was a 120 done authorizing the ribbon?  If not, it may never have been 100% "legal".

At a minimum I would say that a memorandum, signed by your unit CC for you file, explaining the situation
would suffice.  If yo are overly concerned yo could swear to it and have it notarized.

Beyond that, unless you have Gen. Bowling's email, you're probably cooked.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I wasn't aware that any awards other than professional development were recorded in eservices. 

IceNine

That's probably true, But no one in my unit has a Comm Comm or better for me to compare to

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

They are not, the only thing eservices tracks are encampments, PD (sls, etc.) and levels.

That's why I say in lieu of the actual award or PA,  a sworn statement should be enough for your CC - it would be for me.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 01, 2007, 09:45:49 PM
So, Do I get to continue to wear the ribbon as awarded?
Absolutely; you've earned it.
Quote from: Eclipse on September 01, 2007, 09:49:43 PM
Was a 120 done authorizing the ribbon? 
As this appears to have been initiated at Nat'l I would think they might have a copy of a CAPF 120.  One can only hope but as you stated there was no citation.

Stonewall

Just wear it.  It's one thing to make up a fake award you didn't earn, but to wear one that was awarded to you by the National CC, even without documentation, wear it.  If you know in your heart it's legit, don't even worry about it.  Unless of course, you want a certificate to put on your "I love me wall".
Serving since 1987.

IceNine

I kinda do, I'm going to start an I Love me wall in my recently purchased first house, especially since I finally passed ECI 13 (GRUMBLE<GGRRRR)  yeah yeah poke fun but I have to take it 4 times, over the course of 2 years.  But hey, look out captains HERE I COME

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

jimmydeanno

I had the same problem.  I transfered units/wings and my previous unit threw away my cadet record.  In there was the 2a's for all the awards and decorations I had earned.

I continue to wear all of them - things get lost, people come and go, but Integrity is our first core value.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Trung Si Ma

Another option is to see if anyone took pictures.  A picture of the Nat CC giving you an award would look good on your "I love me" wall.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it