ES patch question.

Started by Snake Doctor, September 01, 2007, 08:18:47 PM

pixelwonk

RiverAux

I'm sorry, I keep coming back to the fact that the requirements are for the AWARD of the patch not for the WEAR of the patch.  Two different things entirely. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on September 02, 2007, 02:21:08 AM
I'm sorry, I keep coming back to the fact that the requirements are for the AWARD of the patch not for the WEAR of the patch.  Two different things entirely. 

Yes, and I believe your interperatation is correct, though mine came off with the Wing patch in a de-bling-a-thon.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: SarDragon on September 02, 2007, 01:50:40 AM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 02, 2007, 12:02:28 AM
Pilot and GT badges are permanent awards.

Observer wings, too?

Yes.  Sorry, I should have said "Aircrew wings."
Another former CAP officer

brasda91

I have been qualified as MO/MS but currently I'm not.  I have my wings on my BBDU's.  I feel that wearing my Wings is wrong.  To me, wearing my wings tells everyone who I meet, that I am a MO and in actuality I'm expired.  I think it is a good question to ask regarding the award and wear of the specific patch/wings.  If someone can produce the regulations on the wear of the award, I would feel comfortable wearing the wings.  You know, maybe this is the same standard as your airborne wings or cib? :)
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Eclipse

Quote from: brasda91 on September 02, 2007, 05:46:36 PMIf someone can produce the regulations on the wear of the award, I would feel comfortable wearing the wings.  You know, maybe this is the same standard as your airborne wings or cib? :)

They are - its in there, and in the KB.

Once awarded you can wear them for life.

"That Others May Zoom"