ES patch question.

Started by Snake Doctor, September 01, 2007, 08:18:47 PM

Snake Doctor

I know that members must have Gen ES and be qualified in an ES specialty to qualify to wear the ES patch.  If a member goes non current in all but Gen ES, is he/she still qualified to wear the ES patch?  I'd go to the Knowledge Base for this but I can't see the ask a question tab.

Reference?

Thanks.
Paul Hertel, Lt Col, Civil Air Patrol
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

IceNine

Nope.  Reference CAPP 35-6 Section 3

3. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Snake Doctor

CAPR 35-6 (E) 17 AUGUST 2002
3. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

I found it.  I don't like the idea of telling a member to take off their ES patch.
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

IceNine

You could instead tell them to go to 1 mission a year and keep their quals...

Get Teddy Bear on it, or good ole' KT she's pretty AR

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

MIKE

Quote from: Snake Doctor on September 01, 2007, 08:44:00 PMI found it.  I don't like the idea of telling a member to take off their ES patch.

Hand them a seam ripper and point at it then.  >:D  This is part of the problem with people and uniforms.
Mike Johnston

JC004

but if you are "current in all but GES" are you not current in anything?  Don't you need to have taken the current CAPT 116 in order to be able to use any of your ES qualifications?

IceNine

Quote from: JC004 on September 01, 2007, 09:02:12 PM
but if you are "current in all but GES" are you not current in anything?  Don't you need to have taken the current CAPT 116 in order to be able to use any of your ES qualifications?

Read the original post again... its tricky but the gist is Only current in GES

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Snake Doctor

The member may have been qualified in a specialty or specialties a long time ago and ended up non current in everything including Gen ES. Than retook the CAPT 116 part 1 and 2 with CAPT 177 Ground Team and is in training status for UDFT.

There's been some pretty good efforts made in ES in my group and my ES officer and commanders are insuring those that get signed off are qualified.  I also want to make sure qualifications badges that are are worn are earned.

I've gotten on the warpath about uniforms and am going to stay on it.  I may get a seam ripper.
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

Eclipse

That's the right attitude - just because it takes some effort to make it right, doesn't mean it shouldn't be corrected.

If he's one sig from qual, or something reasonable, maybe throw some camo tape over it or just tell him not to wear the blouse until he's complete, and help him get it down.

Otherwise, off it goes.  Same if he showed up wearing wings or a ribbon he didn't earn.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I think that citation can be read to say that you need to be current and qualified in order to be awarded the patch.  It does not say that you need to be current and qualified in order to wear it. 

Snake Doctor

Another query.  Are GT badge and CAP Wing  earners allowed to wear said badges and wings if for what ever reason they loose their qualifications?

Reference?

Thanks.
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

IceNine

Once the ES qual is gone the no longer get to wear the ES side of that attachment.

But, member earning their wings as a pilot whether that be basic senior whatever, get to keep their wings...forever.

So, Joe pilot get's flight status pulled for failing a medical, he still gets to keep his pilots license but cannot fly.

I'm looking now but I think this is covered in 60-1

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Snake Doctor

I wish it was more specific.  Example.

3. Requirements for Award and continued wear of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: Snake Doctor on September 01, 2007, 10:14:56 PM

I wish it was more specific.  Example.

3. Requirements for Award and continued wear of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

But...can you be more specific? Perhaps cite an example...   ;D   ((*snort*))

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Stonewall

Quote from: JC004 on September 01, 2007, 11:13:27 PM
Silly patch.   >:(

Thank you.  I didn't want to be the one that said it.  :'(
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on September 01, 2007, 11:15:39 PM
Quote from: JC004 on September 01, 2007, 11:13:27 PM
Silly patch.   >:(

Thank you.  I didn't want to be the one that said it.  :'(

I'll also be adding it to my platform for running for National Commander, so you won't miss out.

MIKE

Even if it is authorized, I'd cut it off... Its a fugly patch.  ;D
Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister

Pilot and GT badges are permanent awards.
Another former CAP officer

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret