Interim Change Letter 10 July

Started by mikeylikey, August 23, 2007, 01:30:07 PM

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

afgeo4

I had an outstanding cadet in my unit (who is now a Marine) who went to Hawk. He came back wearing an LL patch and nothing else. I asked if he ever wished he could wear the beret and he said "nah... then everyone would think I'm something special". I asked him why he doesn't think he's anything special and he said because compared to his Hawk instructors he's just a string bean.
GEORGE LURYE

Stonewall

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 03:40:03 PM
... because compared to his Hawk instructors he's just a string bean.

They were fat?
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Im just not understanding why these schools need special uniform items to begin with.  Just go to the school, and bring back the knowledge.  Im curious what the attendance rate would be for Ranger and Blue Beret would be if all of the extra uniform items went away?

afgeo4

Quote from: Stonewall on August 24, 2007, 03:42:53 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 03:40:03 PM
... because compared to his Hawk instructors he's just a string bean.

They were fat?
LOL don't know... I should have put quotes around. I think he meant that he (like string beans) isn't anything special.
GEORGE LURYE

TankerT

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 24, 2007, 03:56:43 PM
Im just not understanding why these schools need special uniform items to begin with.  Just go to the school, and bring back the knowledge.  Im curious what the attendance rate would be for Ranger and Blue Beret would be if all of the extra uniform items went away?

They tried that with Blue Beret in the 90s.  They changed the activity to EAA Oshkosh.  It was a disaster.  The attendance dropped quite a bit.  Then, Blue Beret came back... and so did the people...

/Goes to show... no matter what people say, most of them are there for the blue hat.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

JC004

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 24, 2007, 03:56:43 PM

knowledge is under-rated/under-appreciated   :(

but, knowledge = power

Stonewall

All my thoughts on the bling, special titles and such are here, in this thread:  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=2662.20

Not that my opinion counts, but I ain't writing that stuff again.
Serving since 1987.

ricecakecm

Quote from: Pylon on August 23, 2007, 02:30:35 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on August 23, 2007, 02:27:20 PM

Most of those have only a single information line. Which looks better with two badges, but I don't think National would approve it.

Embroidered would be nice, too.

Some of us already have those....

Legal?  No.  Better looking than leather?  Yes.

smgilbert101

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 23, 2007, 11:27:41 PM
Touche Kach, Touche....

My wife knows.... Thousands of people every day land in an airplane. Gotta have Cajones to jump out of 62 of them ;D.

QuotePilot 1:  "His wife is hot.  She kept looking at you as he drove away.  Do you know her?"

Pilot 2:  "Not yet."

Sorry, my wife has standards.

That's gets an AMEN!  ;D

Total jumps: 586  >:D  T-10's to MC1-1B's
Steve Gilbert
SWR-TX-434
Too much rack for my uniform, favorite job is "mentor" (or was that mental..hmm)
ex-alot of things and sometimes gumbly old bear.

SAR-EMT1

Was there any bling for cadets or Seniors attending NCSA's twenty or more years ago?

If so what?
If not, when did all this crap suddenly appear.
... Why is a patch no longer good enough?
I met a "ranger medic" once, he asked me (EMT) to deal with a blister for him.  ::)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

JC004

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 26, 2007, 01:37:19 AM
Was there any bling for cadets or Seniors attending NCSA's twenty or more years ago?

If so what?
I met a "ranger medic" once, he asked me (EMT) to deal with a blister for him.  ::)

to start as a ranger medic, IIRC, all you need is your basic first aid course (at least that's what some cadet told me).  Master Medic is pretty involved, but, like Expert Ranger, it is more a personal award that a field qualification.

brasda91

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on August 23, 2007, 02:08:57 PM
Taken from Interim Change Letter 10 July

c. Cadet Enlisted Grade Insignia on AF-style shirt and service coat. Cadet
enlisted members are now authorized to wear grade insignia on both collars or lapels.
The CAP cutout is no longer worn. Mandatory wear date for this change is 1 March

Taken from March 2007 NB Meeting Minutes

(k) Cadet NCO Grades
RECOMMENDATION: Approve proposal to authorize the wear of grade insignia on
both collars of the light blue AF-style shirt and lapels of service coat, Cadet NCOs
currently wear grade on both collars of BDUs.
ACTION: COL CHITWOOD/SWR MOVED AND COL NELSON/CA SECONDED
that the National Board approves the recommendation of the Uniform Board
with a suggested mandatory wear date of 1 March 2008.

Umm? All Enlisted now or still just NCO? Clarification maybe?

I just talked with Susie at National.  ALL cadets, Amn thru CMsgt, will wear the grade on both sides.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: smgilbert101 on August 26, 2007, 12:44:06 AM
Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 23, 2007, 11:27:41 PM
Touche Kach, Touche....

My wife knows.... Thousands of people every day land in an airplane. Gotta have Cajones to jump out of 62 of them ;D.

QuotePilot 1:  "His wife is hot.  She kept looking at you as he drove away.  Do you know her?"

Pilot 2:  "Not yet."

Sorry, my wife has standards.

That's gets an AMEN!  ;D

Total jumps: 586  >:D  T-10's to MC1-1B's

62 Jumps and boy do my knees hurt. That's what it means to jump "The Pig" over and over again. Last man in the stick, first guy on the ground.

floridacyclist

Quote from: Stonewall on August 24, 2007, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 24, 2007, 02:58:44 PM
When you have a flight of cadets and one of them is wearing this rediculous orange hat in formation.... he looks like crap.

So glad someone else feels my pain.  Not wishing you to feel pain, but sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one disturbed by this crap-o-la.
You know you're not.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 26, 2007, 01:37:19 AM

If so what?

Nope. All we got was a certificate, long since lost. Only proof I have for attending one NCSA as a cadink is a group photo from ATCFC Laughlin AFB from 1979. Don't think the blingage (read NCSA ribbon) is retroactive.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040