Interim Change Letter 10 July

Started by mikeylikey, August 23, 2007, 01:30:07 PM

afgeo4

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 23, 2007, 07:57:12 PM
They're a non-aeronautical badge of aeronautical class... I don't know, that's how they land in the AFI. CAP didn't REALLY allow them until now as the aren't an "aircrew" rating.

Our regs allowed military aeronautical badges, not aircrwe ones.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 24, 2007, 04:07:48 AM
Quote from: cnitas on August 24, 2007, 03:55:46 AM
Why no word on Blue Berets/Hawk Mountain items?  There were voted on at the same meeting right?

Strange right..............

Perhaps they are reconsidering some things.  So if we don't have it written on a change letter does that mean it's not allowed?

Remember that even if the NB/NEC approve a uniform change, the Air Force must approve any modifications/changes to the USAF-style uniforms.   This is why its usually wise to wait for official publication of the changes by interim change letter or new regulation/manual.  The NB might approve a change, which appears in the minutes, but the AF may turn around and say "Not a chance."

The changes with regards to tabs, ascots, and berets may have given brother blue some heartburn, and it could still be under debate or consideration, hence why they weren't published in the interim change letter.  Best to wait for guidance in official form.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

^ gotcha.......waiting for approval to wear my pink undies. 
What's up monkeys?

bosshawk

There is a Sheriff in Arizona who will give you permission to wear pink undies: in fact, he requires it of all his inmates.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on August 24, 2007, 02:08:09 PM
The changes with regards to tabs, ascots, and berets may have given brother blue some heartburn, and it could still be under debate or consideration, hence why they weren't published in the interim change letter.  Best to wait for guidance in official form.

...and white, red, and black pistol belts; added grade to the ballcap; and change is position on the NCSA patch...

mikeylikey

^  Understood!  Note to self: Do not rob banks in Arizona

I assume the AF is making the decision on the wearing of the Cadet special activity uniform junk on the BDU's.  So until we see it written I would assume it is illegal.  
What's up monkeys?

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 02:01:08 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 23, 2007, 07:57:12 PM
They're a non-aeronautical badge of aeronautical class... I don't know, that's how they land in the AFI. CAP didn't REALLY allow them until now as the aren't an "aircrew" rating.

Our regs allowed military aeronautical badges, not aircrwe ones.

I went by the AFI, since it is a military badge.

AFI 11.402 states:

Quote9.4.7. Award of Parachutists Badges/Devices. The USAF awards basic parachutist badges/devices
to USAF members and members of other military services on AOs authorizing jump status who complete
parachutist training IAW AFI 11-410, Personnel Parachutist Operations that qualifies them for
the badge/device and meet the criteria requirement by Table 9.2.. AF members that were awarded
parachutist badges while serving in sister services are authorized to wear blue (versus black) embroidered
parachutist badges on the BDU. Commanders must make every effort to maintain the prestige
and tradition of USAF parachutist badges/devices.
NOTE: A parachutist badge is not considered an aviation badge.

It also says: 

Quote9.4.7.2. If worn, the static-line parachutist badge will be worn above all other parachutist and
occupational badges. IAW AFI 36-2903, Aeronautical badges will be worn above all occupational
and miscellaneous badges (including both static-line and MFF badges).

A distinct separation between Parachutists and other Aeronautical ratings.

Doesn't matter much now...

afgeo4

Quote from: JC004 on August 24, 2007, 02:43:35 PM

...and white, red, and black pistol belts; added grade to the ballcap; and change is position on the NCSA patch...
Red pistol belts???

I don't think USAF is going to care about baseball caps since they're abandoning them (at least for now) with the rollout of ABU and NCSA patches... they certainly don't care about that.

The beret might give them a headache because the only navy beret authorized in the Air Force is for Security Police and many people on base simply look for that beret when they need help. No other service has a navy beret as far as I know.
GEORGE LURYE

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on August 24, 2007, 02:43:35 PM

Don't forget whistle chains, white boot laces, orange undershirts, keystone patches on the hats, civic leadership academy challange coins (Colgan get yours yet). 

Challange coins are not part of the uniforms, my mistake
What's up monkeys?

JC004

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on August 24, 2007, 02:48:37 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 02:46:50 PM
Red pistol belts???

Master Medics...

Because a pistol belt will save someones life right?  Or is it because it is red it will save a persons life.....right??
What's up monkeys?

Sgt. Savage

Why no word on Blue Berets/Hawk Mountain items?  There were voted on at the same meeting right?

WHile I'm being Frank, (cause I don't want my name associated with the comments I'm about to make Frank is about to make)

We have 5 cadets who have returned from various NCSA events with "special" uniform items. They look like the most disgusting, rediculous... down right stupid bunch I've ever seen. When you have a flight of cadets and one of them is wearing this rediculous orange hat in formation.... he looks like crap.

JC004

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 24, 2007, 02:58:44 PM

WHile I'm being Frank, (cause I don't want my name associated with the comments I'm about to make Frank is about to make)

We have 5 cadets who have returned from various NCSA events with "special" uniform items. They look like the most disgusting, rediculous... down right stupid bunch I've ever seen. When you have a flight of cadets and one of them is wearing this rediculous orange hat in formation.... he looks like crap.

But the three most selective activities, with very limited spots, have basically no bling - COS, CLA, IACE.  Interesting.  BTW, I still think NCSA patches look silly on the pocket.   :)

cnitas

When you have a flight of cadets and one of them is wearing this rediculous orange hat in formation.... he looks like crap.

I agree.  We should get rid of the ugly orange and go back to the scarlet berets for Hawk.  >:D
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

afgeo4

Quote from: JC004 on August 24, 2007, 02:48:37 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 02:46:50 PM
Red pistol belts???

Master Medics...
I've got a crazy idea!  Make them wear a first aid kit on them at all times! Pistol belts are for pistols, not medics.
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

Quote from: cnitas on August 24, 2007, 03:04:15 PM
When you have a flight of cadets and one of them is wearing this rediculous orange hat in formation.... he looks like crap.

I agree.  We should get rid of the ugly orange and go back to the scarlet berets for Hawk.  >:D
If they're rangers, why not just go to a tan beret? At least they wouldn't look like PJ wannabes that they are.
GEORGE LURYE

jimmydeanno

^getting off topic...could turn into another ranger bashing thread...that's bad...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 24, 2007, 03:15:48 PM
Quote from: cnitas on August 24, 2007, 03:04:15 PM

If they're rangers, why not just go to a tan beret? At least they wouldn't look like PJ wannabes that they are.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :-X

afgeo4

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 24, 2007, 03:16:27 PM
^getting off topic...could turn into another ranger bashing thread...that's bad...
I would NEVER bash an Army Ranger... or even a park ranger actually. I'm not making any promises about the Ford Ranger though.
GEORGE LURYE

Stonewall

So glad someone else feels my pain.  Not wishing you to feel pain, but sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one disturbed by this crap-o-la.
Serving since 1987.