Interim Change Letter 10 July

Started by mikeylikey, August 23, 2007, 01:30:07 PM

afgeo4

1. It doesn't take people 2 years to sew on a branch tape.
2. It doesn't matter how many uniforms there are out there, each member fixes his/her own and that limit is probably 4 per person with 2 BDU blouses being average in CAP.

3. I'm thinking the ABU will be authorized for us by then since it'll be widely available for purchase through AAFES and who knows what he branch/nametapes will look like for that.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 23, 2007, 04:25:15 PM
1. It doesn't take people 2 years to sew on a branch tape.
2. It doesn't matter how many uniforms there are out there, each member fixes his/her own and that limit is probably 4 per person with 2 BDU blouses being average in CAP.

3. I'm thinking the ABU will be authorized for us by then since it'll be widely available for purchase through AAFES and who knows what he branch/nametapes will look like for that.

George, it doesn't mean that a ton of forethought was put into these changes.  Like many of the other changes which were simply unveiled unannounced to the National Board, who were invited to vote on it right then as they learned about it, they were made without a look at the big picture.  I wouldn't worry too much about the phase-in dates anyways; I know many of us will wait until the last day to make any of these changes.  In addition, NHQ has recently extended many of the phase-in periods for uniform changes and it's likely it could happen again.     Last but certainly not least, between now and the phase-in date these changes could be rescinded.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

afgeo4

Speaking of... any word on CC situation? I noticed his signature on the bottom.
GEORGE LURYE

mikeylikey

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 23, 2007, 04:35:41 PM
Speaking of... any word on CC situation? I noticed his signature on the bottom.

As did I.  I concluded that the letter was most likely drawn up after the Atlanta conference.
What's up monkeys?

Lancer

How about the fact that the letter is dated 10 July 2007.

The announcement of MG Pineda's suspension hit 6 August 2007.

mikeylikey

Umm.....it was backdated perhaps???
What's up monkeys?

Sgt. Savage

I think they were talking about this:

As soon as the board passed it, I got mine done. Now I',m official.

Oh, BTW, I'd like to see a pilot get a pair of THESE wings!  (Walks away, not wanting to get any pilot on the bottom of his shoe as he gets in his Porche with his blistering hot wife)

afgeo4

Aren't parachutist wings an aeronautical rating badge anyway?
GEORGE LURYE

Sgt. Savage

They're a non-aeronautical badge of aeronautical class... I don't know, that's how they land in the AFI. CAP didn't REALLY allow them until now as the aren't an "aircrew" rating.

Stonewall

Had this one made about 12 years ago.  I didn't put rank on it because I didn't want to have to change it every 2 to 4 years.  Obviously that was the wrong idea and several folks told me.  I ended up getting a proper one made with just observer wings.

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

SJFEDOR...

In this picture of you, are you "dual cool" on your leather name tag?  I see the wings but what is the other badge underneath the wings?  GTM?  Is that from Vanguard?

Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

You bet your butt I'm dual cool!

Senior GT badge underneath Pilot wings. Got it at the store that we don't give the link out to, so Vanguard doesn't send them a C/D order. I'll hit you up with the PM'age if you want.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Stonewall

Quote from: SJFedor on August 23, 2007, 09:31:39 PM
Got it at the store that we don't give the link out to, so Vanguard doesn't send them a C/D order. I'll hit you up with the PM'age if you want.

*Cough* *Cough*  yeah, whatever.....  *Cough*  ....goes to check PM box.
Serving since 1987.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 23, 2007, 07:47:38 PM
I think they were talking about this:

As soon as the board passed it, I got mine done. Now I',m official.

Oh, BTW, I'd like to see a pilot get a pair of THESE wings!  (Walks away, not wanting to get any pilot on the bottom of his shoe as he gets in his Porche with his blistering hot wife)

Pilot 1:  "Who was that guy in the Porsche?"

Pilot 2:  "Some guy who never landed in a plane."

Pilot 1:  "His wife is hot.  She kept looking at you as he drove away.  Do you know her?"

Pilot 2:  "Not yet."
Another former CAP officer

Sgt. Savage

Touche Kach, Touche....

My wife knows.... Thousands of people every day land in an airplane. Gotta have Cajones to jump out of 62 of them ;D.

QuotePilot 1:  "His wife is hot.  She kept looking at you as he drove away.  Do you know her?"

Pilot 2:  "Not yet."

Sorry, my wife has standards.

Hawk200

Quote from: SJFedor on August 23, 2007, 09:31:39 PM
You bet your butt I'm dual cool!

Senior GT badge underneath Pilot wings. Got it at the store that we don't give the link out to, so Vanguard doesn't send them a C/D order. I'll hit you up with the PM'age if you want.

Wonder if my PM box could majically conjure up one of those names....

Maybe I should check it in a few hours (?)  ;D

cnitas

Why no word on Blue Berets/Hawk Mountain items?  There were voted on at the same meeting right?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

mikeylikey

Quote from: cnitas on August 24, 2007, 03:55:46 AM
Why no word on Blue Berets/Hawk Mountain items?  There were voted on at the same meeting right?

Strange right..............

Perhaps they are reconsidering some things.  So if we don't have it written on a change letter does that mean it's not allowed?
What's up monkeys?

cnitas

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 24, 2007, 04:07:48 AM
Strange right..............

Perhaps they are reconsidering some things.  So if we don't have it written on a change letter does that mean it's not allowed?

Well, technically, without a specific authorization by manual or policy letter, they are not authorized.   What is 'allowed' depends greatly on your local leadership.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

dwb

Quote from: Stonewall on August 23, 2007, 09:06:22 PM

My, those are some fine looking plastic-encased insignia you are wearing...  ;D  Glad to see my "Capt in a Box" came in handy.