Interim Change Letter 10 July

Started by mikeylikey, August 23, 2007, 01:30:07 PM

mikeylikey

For your viewing pleasure, may I present the Interim Change Letter of 10 July 2007.  ATTACHED
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

I particularly enjoy item e.:  Apparently technician rating earns a silver star, and senior rating a bronze star.   :P

The The Impotence of Proofreading

It looks like the DDR badge was designed in MS Paint and uses a ripped-off, possibly I.P.-infringing modification of the Girls Scouts logo.

Don't know why the Incident Commander badge uses furled wings when the individual wearing it does not fly or become airborne in any sense of the words.  Come to think of it, no other badge in CAP uses furled wings.  Why couldn't they use the laurel wreath like all other similar qualification badges?

At least they're finally publishing some of these changes the NB has had made for months.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

capchiro

Now we can put speciality badges on the flight suit leather name tag with our wings??  Is this going to look cluttered, crappy, or just right??  Perhaps I can add sequins to mine to make it really flash??  Why is a letter dated July 10, 2007 just making the streets now or was it post dated since Big CC can't do anything at the present time??
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

MIKE

Looks like I need to update my sticky again.
Mike Johnston

Lancer

Taken from Interim Change Letter 10 July

c. Cadet Enlisted Grade Insignia on AF-style shirt and service coat. Cadet
enlisted members are now authorized to wear grade insignia on both collars or lapels.
The CAP cutout is no longer worn. Mandatory wear date for this change is 1 March

Taken from March 2007 NB Meeting Minutes

(k) Cadet NCO Grades
RECOMMENDATION: Approve proposal to authorize the wear of grade insignia on
both collars of the light blue AF-style shirt and lapels of service coat, Cadet NCOs
currently wear grade on both collars of BDUs.
ACTION: COL CHITWOOD/SWR MOVED AND COL NELSON/CA SECONDED
that the National Board approves the recommendation of the Uniform Board
with a suggested mandatory wear date of 1 March 2008.

Umm? All Enlisted now or still just NCO? Clarification maybe?

dwb

I thought the whole "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" thing was just a branding initiative.  Why are we being saddled with the expense of changing all these uniform items?

I'm still holding out hope that the next CAP/CC rescinds some of these changes.

Pylon

Quote from: capchiro on August 23, 2007, 01:47:13 PM
Now we can put speciality badges on the flight suit leather name tag with our wings??  Is this going to look cluttered, crappy, or just right??

USAF members can and do wear two badges on their ASNP and it looks fine.

Proof:
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070807-F-7498T-939.jpg
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070730-F-2635C-107.jpg
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070619-F-2729L-212.jpg

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on August 23, 2007, 02:17:06 PM
Now we can put speciality badges on the flight suit leather name tag with our wings??  Is this going to look cluttered, crappy, or just right??

USAF members can and do wear two badges on their ASNP and it looks fine.

Proof:
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070807-F-7498T-939.jpg
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070730-F-2635C-107.jpg
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/thumbnails/070619-F-2729L-212.jpg

Most of those have only a single information line. Which looks better with two badges, but I don't think National would approve it.

Pylon

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 23, 2007, 02:27:20 PM

Most of those have only a single information line. Which looks better with two badges, but I don't think National would approve it.

Embroidered would be nice, too.

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on August 23, 2007, 02:30:35 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on August 23, 2007, 02:27:20 PM

Embroidered would be nice, too.

I'll definitely second that one.

jimmydeanno

Here's a horrible example of what one "could" look like... (subtract the color though...sorry Tedda... :( )
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Chaplaindon

This was a needed and welcomed change for those chaplains, like me, who also possess aeronautical ratings.

The addition of the chaplain's badge to the leather nameplate actually looks quite good, well IMHO.

The USAF Chief of Chaplains, Ch, Maj Gen Baldwin (a rated pilot --who flew in Viet Nam-- and also a chaplain) wears both and it looks fine too.

Good move by NHQ.
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

MIKE

Specialty Insignia, not Specialty Badges... You can not wear your CP or COMM badge on the ASNP.
Mike Johnston

capchiro

The question arises, is Vanguard ready to do this or how long will it be before this can be done?  When speaking to them about cloth presolo wings, I was informed it would take a letter from National and 2-3 months to ramp it up..
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on August 23, 2007, 02:55:25 PM
Specialty Insignia, not Specialty Badges... You can not wear your CP or COMM badge on the ASNP.

They should probably clarify better so all members know which set of badges they mean.

Ground Team, Incident Commander, Chaplain, EMT/Nurse/Doctor, and other such speciality insignia...

or Public Affairs badge, Cadet Programs badge, Aerospace Education, etc.

MIKE

A bunch of stuff they should clarify better.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on August 23, 2007, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: MIKE on August 23, 2007, 02:55:25 PM

They should probably clarify better so all members know which set of badges they mean.

Ground Team, Incident Commander, Chaplain, EMT/Nurse/Doctor, and other such speciality insignia...

or Public Affairs badge, Cadet Programs badge, Aerospace Education, etc.

I think part of the confusion is that we call both types of badges "specialty" something. Maybe a change in our terminology is in order. Specialty badges are for specialty tracks, specialty insignia are for qualifications.

Instead of "specialty insignia", how about "qualification insignia"? "Specialty badge" and "qualification insignia" would be distinctly different terms.

Just an idea.

afgeo4

Why the two different mandatory dates for U.S. Civil Air Patrol wear? The BDU branch tapes are 2010 while the TPU nametags are 2008.
GEORGE LURYE

DKruse

Now we can put speciality badges on the flight suit leather name tag with our wings??  Is this going to look cluttered, crappy, or just right?? 

From what I read, you CAN put the specialty insignia on the name tag, but you are not required to.  I'll just leave the wings on mine for now so it won't be crowded.
Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

dwb

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 23, 2007, 03:11:01 PMWhy the two different mandatory dates for U.S. Civil Air Patrol wear? The BDU branch tapes are 2010 while the TPU nametags are 2008.

pfft, even I can answer that.  One requires sewing, one doesn't.  Plus, there are far fewer people with TPUs than with BDUs, so you're affecting different numbers of uniforms.