Main Menu

NCO Insignia

Started by Trung Si Ma, August 20, 2007, 10:51:41 PM

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Pylon on August 22, 2007, 07:00:02 PM
Quote from: SeattleSarge on August 22, 2007, 05:45:05 PM
Ms. Parker advised that there is no guidance on NCO wear of the TPU. 

That's why I hate these instant brand-new uniform roll-outs with no forethought from NHQ or whomever develops them.

We release a new uniform.  Whoops!  We forgot about [flight officers/NCOs/Senior Members without grade/some other group]... here's a change to fix that.

Whoops!  We forgot that there are CAP members in climates colder than ours.  Guess we had better come up with some outerwear.  Here's a change to fix that.

Whoops!  We forgot that we had females in Civil Air Patrol; guess we need to develop a uniform for them, too.

Whoops!  We forgot to offer specific guidance on wearing of X, Y, and Z.  Let's see if we can come up with something... here's a interim change letter.

Whoops!  We're adding a new patch/badge/insignia.  Here's an interim change letter.  Place the new doohicky here on Space ABC.

Whoops!  We forgot that we already put something else in Space ABC.  Let's see..... here's an interim change letter to put that somewhere else.

Whoops!  We forgot that we mandated wear of F, G, H, and I and also authorized the wear of J and K, but Vanguard doesn't make the insignia yet.  Guess you'll have to wait.

Whoops!  We don't know how to look at the big picture.  Please, stop us from making any more changes before we hurt ourselves.

Michael Kieloch is my new hero.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

shorning

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 26, 2007, 05:59:05 AM

Chuck Norris wants to be Mike Kieloch when he grows up...

JC004

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 26, 2007, 05:59:05 AM

He was my hero first.  Lay off.   >:(

mikeylikey

^ Who is this Michael Kieloch guy? 
What's up monkeys?

SeattleSarge

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on August 23, 2007, 08:05:17 PM
This is the answer from Vanguard about the NCO epaulets.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Vanguard Is not yet producing any of the senior NCO gray epaulets. We are developing prototypes for NHQ approval. It is anticipated that this project will be completed within the next six to eight weeks.

v/r

Charles Bostwick
Director Elite Services
Vanguard Industries
1-800-221-1264 X 21"

Good luck with Bostwick.  He's the reason it took over six months to get my epaulets.  A previous thread has my response to their final screw-up...

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=2214.msg38759#msg38759

Having them made yourself, is probably the best idea so far...

Regards,

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org