Started by Becks, August 07, 2007, 07:56:41 AM

furray

So did anybody find it in writing yet?
NER-VT-009
NBB 07

alamrcn

Quote from: Becks on August 14, 2007, 04:29:30 AM
Here we are...

So my obvious question is... where did you get 'em?
Did they have them at NBB already?

I know that nothing was mentioned in the meeting notes about a device (I think), so I'll keep the front "Space for Rent" for now. But I'd like to know for the future. In the same topic, at NBB they had non-cadre wear an old CAP-EAA pin on their beret - on top of a fabric circle flash, different colors for each flight and staff. I have scans of all of them on the CAP Patches website.

I have not seen any produced flashes like those shown on the NBB alumni website. Talking to Ted Lohr and Chris (BB HOs) a few years back, I think we came to the conclusion that if they exsisted outside of printed materials, that they were hand made.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Becks

Quote from: alamrcn on August 15, 2007, 03:37:11 PM
Here we are...

I have not seen any produced flashes like those shown on the NBB alumni website. Talking to Ted Lohr and Chris (BB HOs) a few years back, I think we came to the conclusion that if they exsisted outside of printed materials, that they were hand made.

-Ace

We got them while at NBB.
Yes, Chris Y. is familiar with the situation and made a quick stop by NBB to discuss a few things.  The flashes were hand made, the senior staff ones were simply a red flash with a red white and blue ribbon stitched across it.  Chris managed to find one for a friend of mine.

BBATW

SAR-EMT1

Here we are...

-Ace

Would this happen to be a gentleman from ILWG? A Major or Lt Col perhaps ??

Tags - MIKE
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Becks on August 15, 2007, 07:57:06 PM
Here we are...

-Ace

We got them while at NBB.
Yes, Chris Y. is familiar with the situation and made a quick stop by NBB to discuss a few things.  The flashes were hand made, the senior staff ones were simply a red flash with a red white and blue ribbon stitched across it.  Chris managed to find one for a friend of mine.

Do you have Photo examples of the finished product?

winterg

If you're looking for a good supplier of flashes then here is the best choice: http://www.paradestore.com  We probably would have been a lot better going with them instead of Vanguard.

As for the berets, I know that for years it has caused some grief that the berets we recieve at NBB are the same color as the berets worn by SP/SF in the Air Force.

Well, we want to keep it "Blue Beret", right?  So why not a different shade of blue?  No, I am NOT talking about UN blue!  They make a royal blue which is even different from the Acadamy royal blue so there is no chance it will be confused with an active duty beret.

Second, Glendale also makes flashes.  Go back to the cloth flashes.  Just my two cents.  The other thing I would like to see is real berets handed out at NBB, not the cheap Romanian knockoffs!

furray

Has anybody found it in writing? I've looked all over, I can't find it.
NER-VT-009
NBB 07

JC004

Quote from: furray on August 27, 2007, 01:12:08 AM
Has anybody found it in writing? I've looked all over, I can't find it.

Where were the previous wear instructions written?

alamrcn

Do you have ACU bed sheets?!   :lol

Hopefully I can get the hook-up on one of those hand-made flashes too. I'll be looking for the large St Albans Cross and Command flashes to be offered somewhere... won't hold my breath for Vanguard.

I haven't had any luck finding another of the normal size St Albans for over a decade now. I found a St Andrews Cross.. same thing, but silver instead of gold - or post "swet rubbing" heh.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Becks

Quote from: alamrcn on August 27, 2007, 02:44:17 PM

Do you have ACU bed sheets?!   :lol

Hopefully I can get the hook-up on one of those hand-made flashes too. I'll be looking for the large St Albans Cross and Command flashes to be offered somewhere... won't hold my breath for Vanguard.

I haven't had any luck finding another of the normal size St Albans for over a decade now. I found a St Andrews Cross.. same thing, but silver instead of gold - or post "swet rubbing" heh.

Nah, just threw down the ACU blouse for something flat to photograph on.
Heh..yeah "sweat rubbing" the new Alban's could be a pain given their size...

BBATW