Bye Bye St. Albans.....

Started by Becks, August 07, 2007, 07:56:41 AM

mikeylikey

Question...........did TP ever attend BB?  Why are we creating more uniform junk?  Why are they allowing specail activity specific uniform items (BB, Hawk) to be worn at all?  When is this all going to end?
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 13, 2007, 03:37:18 AM
Not to put a damper on your fun, but I doubt that is appropriate conduct.

Si Senor

So seriously: why does it not say " US" ? ??
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Becks

Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 09:26:16 PM
Quote from: Pylon on August 10, 2007, 09:21:29 PM
There must be photos out there from NBB.  Anybody have one?

I found some on CAP Channel, but none of this patch thing
Patch? Not sure what you're referring to.
I will try and take a photo of both MAJCOM and new Alban's soon.

BBATW

JC004

Quote from: Becks on August 14, 2007, 03:57:47 AM
Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 09:26:16 PM
Quote from: Pylon on August 10, 2007, 09:21:29 PM
There must be photos out there from NBB.  Anybody have one?

I found some on CAP Channel, but none of this patch thing
Patch? Not sure what you're referring to.
I will try and take a photo of both MAJCOM and new Alban's soon.

I mis-typed.  Sh.

Becks

BBATW

JC004

Finally.  Hm.  Now maybe you can put the US on with whiteout.  This thing is silly.

SJFedor

Any particular reason why we can't just put a fabric flash on there so it doesn't look like it's a relic from the 70's and 80's?

Even to put a fabric flash and your little metal thing on top, that would look better.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Becks

Quote from: SJFedor on August 14, 2007, 06:29:54 AM
Any particular reason why we can't just put a fabric flash on there so it doesn't look like it's a relic from the 70's and 80's?

Even to put a fabric flash and your little metal thing on top, that would look better.
There used to be flashes in the past for senior staff and Beret II seniors and cadets.

http://www.blueberet.org/blueberethistory.htm

BBATW

Hawk200

And it would look very Army.

Then again, we do have a flag on our right shoulder now.

SJFedor

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 14, 2007, 01:29:42 PM

True, but AF Security Forces wear a flash on theirs, too. Granted it's not the same shape as an Army flash, but it still looks better than the metal directly on there.

But, if that's what they really want, that's what they shall have.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

JayT

So whats the point of the MAJCOM flash?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

CadetProgramGuy

Whats the point in most of our redundant uniform changes?

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 14, 2007, 10:41:02 PM
^ To make Vanguard $$

While there is truth to this statement, I cannot understand why we cannot emulate the military and have 3-4 options for unifroms, not the 27 veriants we have today.

Being prior Army, it was easy.  Class A - B or BDU's

Trung Si Ma

We could take it realllly far back.

Hey Kach - remember the Special Forces Identification Bar (AKA Candy Stripe) for the non fully qualified SF-ers in the 60's and 70's?

For you military trivia folks - that is what was meant by "full flash qualified" - you were a fully qualified SF trooper, not a "candy stripper" who happened to be assigned to the unit.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

mikeylikey

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on August 14, 2007, 10:43:35 PM
^ To make Vanguard $$

While there is truth to this statement, I cannot understand why we cannot emulate the military and have 3-4 options for unifroms, not the 27 veriants we have today.

I agree we need to eliminate some uniforms.  I hate the golf shirt option.  That is more for something like gliders?  We should eliminate down!  TPU, Blues, BDU, BBDU, Green flight suit, blue flight suit, Mess Dress and THATS it.  No corporate regimental tie, no grey pants, no blazer.  Good luck trying to take away the golf shirt though.  That has become the standard uniform for a lot of SQD's. 
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 14, 2007, 11:21:58 PM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on August 14, 2007, 10:43:35 PM
^ To make Vanguard $$

I agree we need to eliminate some uniforms.  I hate the golf shirt option.  That is more for something like gliders?  We should eliminate down!  TPU, Blues, BDU, BBDU, Green flight suit, blue flight suit, Mess Dress and THATS it.  No corporate regimental tie, no grey pants, no blazer.  Good luck trying to take away the golf shirt though.  That has become the standard uniform for a lot of SQD's. 

If I made the choice on what to keep and what to throw away.....

Keep:

BDU's, AF Blues, Flight suits, Mess Dress, Golf Shirt (pants would be Khaki, not grey)
Keep Corperate Option for all above.

Lose:  The rest.....

Trung Si Ma

...Golf Shirt (pants would be Khaki, not grey)

I would even go so far as to specify Golf Shirt with Khaki Dockers.  Dockers are available everywhere and the color is always the same.  I would also specify that the Golf Shirt is dry clean only to cut down on the fading.

Despite the fact that the members of this board seem to hate the shirt so badly, it does seem to be the preferred uniform of many of our members.  Personally, I spent 20+ years in Army uniforms and my love of shining Corcorans is long gone - I like the golf shirt.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

CadetProgramGuy

alot of the reason I am keeping the Golf Shirt is for travel in CAP Vehicles.

I really don't like driving in my BDU's or Blues (BDU's get warm, Blues I'd be afraid to drink my 64oz of soda)

Hawk200

Quote from: SJFedor on August 14, 2007, 09:16:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on August 14, 2007, 01:29:42 PM

True, but AF Security Forces wear a flash on theirs, too. Granted it's not the same shape as an Army flash, but it still looks better than the metal directly on there.

But, if that's what they really want, that's what they shall have.

Enlisted Security Forces wear just a cloth flash. They don't pin anything on it. The officers have a flash without the eagle that they pin on their rank insignia. Plus, it's a noticeably larger flash.