New Vanguard Website?

Started by Major Carrales, July 27, 2007, 07:22:48 AM

RogueLeader

If you want your shirt fast, call them and say that you want your money back.  That got the shirt I ordered faster than anything.  My story was quite similar to yours.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

afgeo4

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 01, 2007, 07:17:51 PM
I found Marv Golden to be a ggod source for white aviator shirts...

http://www.marvgolden.com/pro-pilots/shirt-ties-epaulets.htm

I like the Van Heusen one that's based on USAF shirt. Is it authorized for wear with TPU?
GEORGE LURYE

JC004

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 09, 2007, 06:07:04 PM

I like the Van Heusen one that's based on USAF shirt. Is it authorized for wear with TPU?

not specified, but it would be nice if NHQ could pick a style.  It looks silly to have various versions being worn

afgeo4

Quote from: Grumpy on July 31, 2007, 01:27:03 AM
I just ordered over $40.00 in merchandise from The Hock Shop that consisted of service ribbons, attachments, rank insignia, etc., etc.  I did so because I could see pictures of them and their ribbons, for example, were 30 cents each less expensive than Vanguard.

I sent Vanguard an email telling them that the other company got me business because they were less expensive and had a better presentation on their web site.  Their loss, the Hock Shops gain.

Great job! Now Vanguard will send the Hock a cease and desist letter.
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 01, 2007, 04:38:50 PM
You know, honestly, of all the orders I've placed with them, this is the only issue.  Everything else has always been ontime and correct (just a little pricier).  I miss being able to just drive down the street to Vanguard.  It was so much simpler.

I think I am starting to go bald because of this. 

"Would you like a red lollipop?"
"Yes please."
"Here you go."
"That's yellow."
"Isn't that what you asked for?"
"No you offered red."
"Well we thought you'd like yellow better since we didn't have red."
"So what about the red one?"
"We never had one of those. If you don't like the yellow, you can have a green..."
I think you're forgetting:
"Fine, I'll take the green"
"Are you sure you don't want the yellow?"
"Yes, I'm sure, I want the red"
"But we don't have the red"
"That's why you offered me green. That's what I'll have"
"That's fine sir, but we no longer have the green"
"Then why did you offer it to me?"
"Because we don't have the red either. So... we'll ship you the yellow"
"But I don't want a yellow"
"Would you like a red one instead?"
"YES!"
"Ok sir, we'll send you the red"
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 06:08:44 PM

not specified, but it would be nice if NHQ could pick a style.  It looks silly to have various versions being worn

The reg specifies Aviator. This is a specific version from the Van Heusen line. Also, the pics in the 39-1 match the pics of the Aviator version but not the other two.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

pixelwonk

Susan Parker specifically confirmed (to me) that the AF style white shirt is authorized.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

sardak

Received an order from Vanguard today, two weeks to the day I placed it.  This included personalized nametapes and polo shirt. 

BBDUs were Propper brand.

Two backordered items: the "new" US/Civil Air Patrol command patch and the "V" device for the DR ribbon.

Only one error on the order which had 46 line items.  I was sent two of ribbon A and one of ribbon B when it should have been 1 A and 2 Bs.  Ribbon charges were $0.55 so I must have made it in before the price increase.

There should have been no errors, but given the horrors stories I've read on the multiple threads regarding Vanguard, I feel good.  And being a ribbon, I can send it back for the price of a first class stamp.

Mike

jimmydeanno

Just found this:

Quoteneither the manufacturers nor CapMart can be responsible for the fading or bleeding of part
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 17, 2007, 01:39:50 PM
Just found this:

Quoteneither the manufacturers nor CapMart can be responsible for the fading or bleeding of part

bleeding?!  these people are vicious!

jimmydeanno

^I was making note of the CapMart reference but...ok I'll go with it.  :D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

afgeo4

Good! So although we cannot hold CapMart responsible, Vanguard isn't off the hook!
GEORGE LURYE