New Vanguard Website?

Started by Major Carrales, July 27, 2007, 07:22:48 AM

Major Carrales

http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

A few broken images, but this is pretty early!  Looks like it's now intergrated into the Vanguard Webpage.  Just in time for the National Board!!!

They now have service caps ($65...not pic as of this posting).    Many of the publications are now there that were not before.

Wha'cha think?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 27, 2007, 07:22:48 AM
They now have service caps ($65...not pic as of this posting). 

$65! That's insane. You can get them from AAFES for 40 bucks.

No, I didn't even look at the website yet, I was just a little shocked on the expensive service caps....

shorning

Wha'cha think?

It would be nice if they had enough respect to get the service names correct. :-\

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 27, 2007, 07:51:42 AM

No, I didn't even look at the website yet, I was just a little shocked on the expensive service caps....

They're the field grade (Maj-Col) bus driver caps with 'farts and darts' on the visor. The plain service cap (Capt and below) should cost a lot less.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SARMedTech

Anyone know why blue nomex is $80 higher than green?
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

JC004

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 27, 2007, 12:09:02 PM
Anyone know why blue nomex is $80 higher than green?

Production numbers...

BillB

I think I only paid $45 for my service hat at MacDill AFB AAFES. With the farts and darts.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

jimmydeanno

I think it is a lot easier to navigate than the previous one.  Once they get the pictures up, it will be better.  The prices are still high though.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Dragoon

You're not kidding.  The cheapest shipping I could find on a single ribbon was $4.60!

jimmydeanno

There is a $0.30 difference in price in ribbons from the hock shop - so that's like a buy 2 get one free promotion :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

afgeo4

In the insignia section I'm seeing senior member cap insignia embroidered on blue????

CAPO748G-L

What is that? There's no pic and I've never heard of such an item or its application.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on July 27, 2007, 02:58:18 PM
In the insignia section I'm seeing senior member cap insignia embroidered on blue????

CAPO748G-L

What is that? There's no pic and I've never heard of such an item or its application.

For the TPU shirts.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Whew...after browsing the new vanguard website and viewing the prices, I just spent $200.00 at the Hock Shop  :D

ColonelJack

Having just come back from "visiting" Vanguard's new CAP website, there are two things I want to say:

1.  MUCH easier to navigate!

2.  Get someone in there who knows what pictures to put with what items!  Some of the medals and ribbons are wrongwrongwrong!!!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

alamrcn

This thread just reminded me to check again on my three ARCHER patches that have been on backorder since February 23. I called back in May, and they said about another month.

Called the number on the "new" website - oops, that's the West coast office - transferred to the East coast office that handles us "exclusively". I was worried that they had lost my information since I hadn't received the patches yet, but it was still there in the computer.

Over six months later, I was told that the ARCHER patches were still OUT. You gotta be friggen kidding me!!!!!!

In a pleasant, yet stern tone...
I told the lady straight out that a large portion of our members are GREATLY disappointed with the service Vanguard has provided Civil Air Patrol thus far. I ended my call by saying that although their company might THINK they have an exclusive product and that there are no alternatives, I will never be doing business with such a mismanaged and disorganized company again.

$#%@ !!!!!!!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Hawk200

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 27, 2007, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Hawk200 on July 27, 2007, 07:51:42 AM

They're the field grade (Maj-Col) bus driver caps with 'farts and darts' on the visor. The plain service cap (Capt and below) should cost a lot less.

From AAFES:

Enlisted/Company Grade Service Cap: $38.95
Field Grade Service Cap: $52.95
General Officer Service Cap: $55.95

One reason why I'm averse to buying from Vanguard: cost. I can get the blue's stuff cheaper from AAFES. And new flightsuits are cheaper on eBay.

Hawk200

BTW, when did the EMT badges start coming in Basic, Senior and Master? Seems like there was only a basic level the last time I was in.

Grumpy

I just ordered 19 items from The Hock Shop yesterday.  I talked to them today and they confirmed that the items were shipped yesterday afternoon and I should receive them within 5 business days.  It was nice, as I was shopping for the items on their catalog they had pictures of the items and everything was in stock.

A pleasent experience.

JC004

Quote from: Grumpy on July 27, 2007, 07:37:35 PM
...from The Hock Shop...

"an unauthorized (efficient) third party dealer who shall remain nameless"   :angel:

Lancer

Quote from: JC004 on July 27, 2007, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on July 27, 2007, 07:37:35 PM
...from The Hock Shop...

"an unauthorized (efficient) third party dealer who shall remain nameless"   :angel:

You guys are forgetting that the reason for the higher cost is because we're supplementing the coffers at NHQ. This pays for thing like <insert obscurely needed CAP resource that most members will never, if ever get to use>.

;D

Seriously though...I remember that being the reason for the 'up cost'. It would be nice if we could lean more on corporate donations for things like that and instead make it affordable to be able to participate by keeping supply costs low. Meh.