Red and Yellow command scarf???

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 13, 2007, 05:28:27 PM

Nomex Maximus

CAPM 3901 page 34 Fig 2-19 note 8 says we can wear a Red and yellow command scarf. Can someone tell me what this looks like (emblem?) and where I can get it?

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

jeders

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 13, 2007, 05:28:27 PM
CAPM 3901 page 34 Fig 2-19 note 8 says we can wear a Red and yellow command scarf. Can someone tell me what this looks like (emblem?) and where I can get it?

Vangaurd. If I remember correctly it's yellow with little red tri-props. I'd say save your $30 for something else.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

O-Rex

Quote from: jeders on July 13, 2007, 05:32:11 PM

Vangaurd. If I remember correctly it's yellow with little red tri-props. I'd say save your $30 for something else.

Ditto.

Don't buy it: people will point at you and laugh.

Nomex Maximus

But I need it to go with my yellow and red jockstrap.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

pixelwonk

Quote from: O-Rex on July 13, 2007, 08:03:46 PM

Carrie, No! They're all gonna laugh at you! ...THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!  ;D

Who'd want to wear a yellow scarf with red chicken feet all over it?  Seriously.

CAP428

Quote from: tedda on July 13, 2007, 08:53:17 PM
Who'd want to wear a yellow scarf with red chicken feet all over it?  Seriously.

I wouldn't be so sure...I checked Vanguard and, I don't know about you, but I think
looks pretty sexy to me.

O-Rex

Quote from: CAP428 on July 13, 2007, 09:06:47 PM

I wouldn't be so sure...I checked Vanguard and, I don't know about you, but I think
looks pretty sexy to me.

Go figure: Vanguard stocks 'distinctive yellow scarves' but they don't sell BDU caps.

**AND, they actually have a picture of it, rather than the standard "picture not available" sign.....

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on July 14, 2007, 03:08:30 AM
Thirty bucks?

Whassit made outta? Silk from the finest silkworms of Lower Slobovia?
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: CAP428 on July 13, 2007, 09:06:47 PM

looks pretty sexy to me.

Where do you find them on vanguard? I can't find them. I want to make a fashion statement: the green flight suit, the pluto patch and the command scarf.

--Nomex

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

LtCol White

Just do a search and type in Barf....Scarf...I meant scarf
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

dogboy

Many of the AF Squadron Scarfs are rather unattractive. Aircrew take a perverse pride in this.

The CAP red and yellow is undoubtedly because CAP planes in WWII were always painted these colors.

Quote from: O-Rex on July 13, 2007, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: jeders on July 13, 2007, 05:32:11 PM

Ditto.

wingnut

Yes I have one, It looks really good with the Blue Flight suit, it is used to keep you neck from getting chapped and rubbed raw. I know most of you never have a mission that is more than 30 minutes, but here in CAWNG it takes four hours to get to Northern CA, than fly for four days 5 hours per day, wish I had an "Official yellow silk undie,  BUT!!! it( Scarf I mean) is too short I cant reach the wind screen to rub off the oil,

I think it should have been White with the CAP emblem on it. As a tool, I have used it to choke out the PIC when he starts to fly irratic, could't find anything in the reg that says I can't . .  it is convenient!! And It is an 'Official Scarf"

LtCol White

Quote from: wingnut on July 18, 2007, 05:57:22 AM
Yes I have one, It looks really good with the Blue Flight suit, it is used to keep you neck from getting chapped and rubbed raw. I know most of you never have a mission that is more than 30 minutes, but here in CAWNG it takes four hours to get to Northern CA, than fly for four days 5 hours per day, wish I had an "Official yellow silk undie,  BUT!!! it( Scarf I mean) is too short I cant reach the wind screen to rub off the oil,

I think it should have been White with the CAP emblem on it. As a tool, I have used it to choke out the PIC when he starts to fly irratic, could't find anything in the reg that says I can't . .  it is convenient!! And It is an 'Official Scarf"

In other words, its like Linus's blanket from Peanuts. HAHAHA
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Does anyone actually have a picture of this thing?  It has been authorized for a while now and CAPMART, then Vanguard have never released its image for us to see.  I am starting to think they don't REALLY exist.

jimmydeanno

If I remember correctly, the yellow background is the same color as the CAC cord.  Then there are small 3/4 in red tri-blade props all over it in a pattern.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Major Carrales

Quote from: JC004 on July 18, 2007, 04:36:33 PM
Does anyone actually have a picture of this thing?  It has been authorized for a while now and CAPMART, then Vanguard have never released its image for us to see.  I am starting to think they don't REALLY exist.

I've never seen anyone wear it.  Anyone ever seen it?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Ok, so here is a link to a power point presentation that has a drawing of it.  The drawing is very accurate in terms of color, size, and pattern of the scarf.  It's on slide 25.

http://www.coloradowingcap.org/group3/CC%20Call%20April%2005.ppt
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jeders

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 18, 2007, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: JC004 on July 18, 2007, 04:36:33 PM

I've never seen anyone wear it.  Anyone ever seen it?

Yeah, a B-1 guy in my old squadron got it and wore it with his CAP flight suit. Made him look like a dork.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse