Air Force Discontinues Use of Base Decals

Started by ELTHunter, August 21, 2007, 05:56:24 PM

Skyray

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 27, 2007, 03:53:48 PM
^ Gotcha, my mistake.  I have no reasonable reason why the AF is giving us a hard time.

I have several, but I am beginning to sound like a broken record.  Disregard of base rules because of an arrogant attitude on the part of some CAP members has a lot to do with it.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

davedove

Quote from: Skyray on September 27, 2007, 06:17:53 PM
^ Gotcha, my mistake.  I have no reasonable reason why the AF is giving us a hard time.

I have several, but I am beginning to sound like a broken record.  Disregard of base rules because of an arrogant attitude on the part of some CAP members has a lot to do with it.

I would bet that happens a lot.  A CAP member comes up to the gate with the attitude of "You have to let me on post.  I'm a member of the Civil Air Patrol."  The gate guard doesn't "have" to let anyone enter.

That remind me of a joke from Reader's Digest.

An Admiral is being driven through the gate at a Navy base.  A young Marine is guarding the gate.
Marine:  I need to see your ID, Sir.
Admiral:  Can't you see I'm an Admiral.  Just let me through.
M:  I'm sorry, Sir.  I have to check everyone's ID.
A:  I don't have time for this.  I'm on my way to an important meeting.  Let me through.
M (drawing his sidearm and pointing it at the car):  Sir, I'm unsure of the exact procedure here.  Do I shoot you or the driver first?

The Admiral produces his ID. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Skyray

Reminds me of my favorite mine is bigger than yours joke.  Admiral Dunghaven is aboard the USS Enterprise steaming North along the Jersey Shore when the Captain sees a light holding a constant bearing Northwest of them (implies a collision course).  The Captain radios "unidentified vessel Southeast of Tom's River, New Jersey, you are on a collision course with a United States vessel of war.  Alter your course."  Back comes the answer, "you alter your course."  This sets Admiral Dunghaven off, and he grabs the radio and says, "This is Admiral Dunghaven aboard the Aircraft Carrier Enterprise.  You will immediately alter course."  Which elicits the answer, "This is Barnegat Light, Admiral, Your call."
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Stonewall

Quote from: Grumpy on September 27, 2007, 03:38:00 PM
Mikey,

I believe what Stonewall is asking is why is the AF giving us such a hassle? Not why are we making such a fuss?

I'm not saying "the Air Force" per se, but Bolling AFB.  I can say with confidence that the folks that would normally have the you better let me on your base attitude, are folks that already had the privilege of being on base, i.e. they're dependents or retired military.  Everyone else are very professional, have good attitudes, respect the security precautions and don't flaunt their CAP rank or status. 

Anyway, I don't live there anymore and haven't been on Bolling for more than a year. 
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

It only takes one of us, having a bad day, to encounter the wrong person on base, also having a bad day, to nix things for all of us.

We all need to comport ourselves at all times as if we carry the reputation of the entire organization on our backs - because we do.

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

Quote from: Stonewall on September 27, 2007, 10:46:32 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on September 27, 2007, 03:38:00 PM
Mikey,

I believe what Stonewall is asking is why is the AF giving us such a hassle? Not why are we making such a fuss?

I'm not saying "the Air Force" per se, but Bolling AFB.  I can say with confidence that the folks that would normally have the you better let me on your base attitude, are folks that already had the privilege of being on base, i.e. they're dependents or retired military.  Everyone else are very professional, have good attitudes, respect the security precautions and don't flaunt their CAP rank or status. 

Anyway, I don't live there anymore and haven't been on Bolling for more than a year. 
Even dependents and retired personnel are subject to be turned away at the base gate. Who is allowed on base is up to the base commander and only base commander.
GEORGE LURYE