Main Menu

New Command Patch

Started by SeattleSarge, November 03, 2006, 09:14:47 PM

SeattleSarge

The NEC just adopted the a new command patch to replace the one we're all wearing on our flight suits.

Yep, you guessed it, the same one from the new ID card...

No more USAF on the patch..  Saw that one coming..

SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

Major Carrales

>:( I just ordered the old patch for my unit's aviators!!!!

Those of you from the Portal will remember my post about "a 10 year moratorium on Uniform Changes."

I swear, the amount of money we are made to waste on frivolous purchases makes me ILL and Angry!!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SeattleSarge

You all will be thrilled to note that more discussion was spent on which region commander will host the next cocktail party than on this insignia change.

I'm not kidding, I listened to both discussions...

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

Major Carrales

Quote from: SeattleSarge on November 03, 2006, 09:46:33 PM
You all will be thrilled to note that more discussion was spent on which region commander will host the next cocktail party than on this insignia change.

I'm not kidding, I listened to both discussions...

-SeattleSarge

Disheartening, really...eh.  I am serious, if not for my unwillingness to enter this forum's UNIFORM SECTION, I have made it a policy to avoid the discussions there...lots of contention over little substance, I would suggest my "10 year moratorium plan."

Really, how much money are they gonna make us waste?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Becks

Eh...where did my puking smiley go.....

BBATW

Psicorp

If it weren't for the tax deduction, I'd be making the complete transition to the golf shirt combination. *sigh* 

Cocktail Party?  After all the discussions just on this forum about funding issues?!   ACK!
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Pylon

Quote from: SeattleSarge on November 03, 2006, 09:14:47 PM
The NEC just adopted the a new command patch to replace the one we're all wearing on our flight suits.

Yep, you guessed it, the same one from the new ID card...

No more USAF on the patch..  Saw that one coming..

SeattleSarge

It's a change to the USAF-style uniforms, thus the Air Force will have to approve that change before they can actually implement the change.

I agree about a 10-year moritorium, or at least a 5-year.  Something has to stop these willy-nilly uniform changes.  I really don't care that much about what patches I have on, where they're positioned, or what color they are.  I just want to do my job and not have to keep shelling out dollars to change uniforms I've already put together and paid for.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Actually, I think this one might be more appropriate:

"That Others May Zoom"

DNall

did they formally justify WHY on the change? If the AF didn't want it then they have full control over not only the AF-style uniform, but use of the AF Aux name. They approved putting it on, so I'd think that means they think it's appropriate to have it there, which means I tend to think it's inappropriate to take it off. That & I don't see the point. If it says CAP on the scroll no one can read it doesn't make it look less like the AF or change anything from a legal standpoint. Anything about a phase in period, or is that TBA at this point?

lordmonar

We can't fix our Jeckle and Hyde problem with out dumping one or the other.  Let's face it....we refer to ourselves as Civil Air Patrol, active duty Air Force personnel know us as Civil Air Patrol....lets go with Civil Air Patrol on our logos and keep the USAF Aux as a second line sub title.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

O-Rex

Is there a wear-out date for the old one??

DNall

Quote from: lordmonar on November 04, 2006, 12:15:06 AM
We can't fix our Jeckle and Hyde problem with out dumping one or the other.  Let's face it....we refer to ourselves as Civil Air Patrol, active duty Air Force personnel know us as Civil Air Patrol....lets go with Civil Air Patrol on our logos and keep the USAF Aux as a second line sub title.
I know where you're comin from. I would have been fine w/ it saying Civil Air Patrol in teh first place. I just don't like it when they do something that looks like playin nice with the AF & then take it away again. It's bad form & sends a bad signal to both sides. By the way, first person wanting to say the AF doesn't give a crap what patch we wear on our flight suits, yeah no crap that's not the point. It's the symbol of chaning it away from AF that seems to be glaring neon for members that the example they want us to follow is away from the AF. It just to me seems like they don't ever think anything thru, and I don't just mean on uniform items. For the love of God, someone please loan them a trained staff officer.

Smokey

I knew this was coming....it is the writing on the wall........face it.....Tony Pineda has no use for the Air force or us being the AF Aux.  The AF and being it's aux is just an impediment to his being the all important dictator of the CAP.  He knows there are many things he can't do because of the AF.....so....distance yourself from them in everyway including pissing them off with uniform issues.

My AF Aux ccommand patch will only be removed from my flight suit by the use of a blowtorch, dynamite and and/or nuclear weapons.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

lordmonar

Quote from: Smokey on November 04, 2006, 02:11:36 AM
I knew this was coming....it is the writing on the wall........face it.....Tony Pineda has no use for the Air force or us being the AF Aux.  The AF and being it's aux is just an impediment to his being the all important dictator of the CAP.  He knows there are many things he can't do because of the AF.....so....distance yourself from them in everyway including pissing them off with uniform issues.

My AF Aux ccommand patch will only be removed from my flight suit by the use of a blowtorch, dynamite and and/or nuclear weapons.

I'm sorry you feel that way....so let me ask you....when are you going to submit your own 2b and resign from CAP?

I mean how can you be an effective officer if you do not follow the lawful orders of your own chain of command?  I don't know if you are an Officer or cadet, but you are setting a bad example for those below you, and are not going to be able to affect any positive change by just ignoring orders.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mawr

It's not like the command patch on the flight suit has been around that long.  Up until a few years ago it was the CAP Seal.  There is no real history in this, unless you've only been a member for just a few years.  The command patch doesn't make you a better (or lesser for that matter) CAP Officer.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

ZigZag911

Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2006, 10:17:49 PM

Very appropriate!!!

DNall

Quote from: ZigZag911 on November 04, 2006, 04:10:33 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2006, 10:17:49 PM

Very appropriate!!!
Yeah, I'm not saying it's not appropriate, not even saying its not more appropriate than AF Aux on there. It's teh symbolism of the change that's problematic & speaks volumes. Again, you can discount the symbolism, but if it has nothing to do with symbolism why bother changing the wording you can't read from four feet on the bottom of a patch. The truth is neither the command patch or the paint jobs should have ever said AF Aux on them in the first place & we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's when you giveth & then taketh away that you get problems & the symbolism becomes more important. Just going from the round seal to the command patch they just approved would have satisfied the closer to teh AF crowd like myself.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Smokey on November 04, 2006, 02:11:36 AMMy AF Aux ccommand patch will only be removed from my flight suit by the use of a blowtorch, dynamite and and/or nuclear weapons.

Or when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BillB

The change of the major command patch, the removal of USAF Aux from the tail of aircraft are the latest changes moving CAP away from USAF. And the changes started Prior to MGen Pineda assuming command of CAP. Look back when the CAP seal was removed from the aircraft and replaced by the CAP emblem. And the removal of the CAP emblem from member owned aircraft. How many years ago was that? That would have been the first step in marking CAP as a non-USAF aircraft thus allowing the plane o be used for non-USAF missions.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major Lord

Quote from: lordmonar on November 04, 2006, 02:44:26 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way....so let me ask you....when are you going to submit your own 2b and resign from CAP?

I mean how can you be an effective officer if you do not follow the lawful orders of your own chain of command?  I don't know if you are an Officer or cadet, but you are setting a bad example for those below you, and are not going to be able to affect any positive change by just ignoring orders.

Yes, we should all learn to just follow orders! You know, follow examples like Billy Mitchell, er wait, never mind...
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."