"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Pingree1492

Looks like the NEC just passed a motion to get rid of the corporate uniform, effective Jan 2010!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is the Blue Slack, blue epaulet uniform.

The Grey Slack/white shirt uniform will still be in effect.  Also, as a sidebar, they passed a motion allowing cadets over 18 that don't meet the weight standards to wear the Grey slack combo.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Lord of the North

Actual phase out date is Jan 2011.

Tim Medeiros

Seems like the clarified to immediately, all I know is I'm throwing a party!
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

pixelwonk

the uniform has been rescinded immediately.  As with everything there is a phaseout period, which in this case is Jan 2011 being the mandatory no-wear date.

As an aside, black leather jackets and brown nametags were not originally created with this uniform, thus not rescinded.

JC004

Some sort of accident, I am sure.  They have never meant to simplify our uniforms.

jimmydeanno

Wow.  Of the two uniforms I thought the grey/white would be the one to go...

I know there are going to be quite a number of unhappy people who just dropped some coin on black sweaters, light weight jackets, service coats, etc...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

EMT-83

NB just authorized black sweater, NEC does away with the entire uniform. Tell me this isn't a government operation!

Pylon

Quote from: EMT-83 on November 07, 2009, 11:32:59 PM
NB just authorized black sweater, NEC does away with the entire uniform. Tell me this isn't a government operation!

The left hand doesn't even know there is a right hand, let alone what it's doing.  Welcome to CAP.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

brenaud

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 07, 2009, 11:30:17 PM
Wow.  Of the two uniforms I thought the grey/white would be the one to go...

I know there are going to be quite a number of unhappy people who just dropped some coin on black sweaters, light weight jackets, service coats, etc...

Yeah, I was looking to start wearing that uniform & had been slowly assembling it.  But I guess I'm lucky, as all I'm really 'out' is a nametag and epaulet slides.  And now (since I have a flight cap and no authorized uniform with which to wear it) I guess I have a little more incentive to lose some weight & get into blues.
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

Lancer

pixelwonk

brenaud

So, did they elaborate as to why?  (Obviously I missed the webcast). 
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on November 07, 2009, 11:33:59 PM
The left hand doesn't even know there is a right hand, let alone what it's doing.  Welcome to CAP.

WIN.

jacob

I am disappointed by this decision.  I was hoping (I know it was perhaps a long shot) that they'd drop the grooming standards for the CSU and go with that in favor of the grey and whites, especially as there were no grooming standards for the CSU when it was first released.

I know many had a bad opinion of the uniform due to how it was introduced.  And I do disagree that the double-breasted coat is not the best - especially with silver sleeve braids.  But the white aviator shirt and AF blue pants combination looks much more uniform than the white aviator shirt and any grey-ish pants combination - I've seen many say that it actually looks quite good!

Also, as many in this threat have already pointed out, a lot of members have spent a lot of money on these, and now have components they will be unable to reuse.

I am all for reducing CAP's uniform closet, I had just hoped it would be by dropping grey and whites instead.

PhotogPilot

Oh well, personally I liked the CSU, the Blue looked more uniform than gray, and I looked better in it. I wish they would standardize the gray slacks. All I am out is a couple of pairs of pants, a flight cap and blue epaulettes. I never shelled out the big bucks for the Service Coat. Maybe I'll get a couple more wearings out of it (I'm teaching at an SLS next weekend) before I pick up some gray trousers and epaulettes. I still have a gray name plate around here somewhere. I guess I'll go ahead and get a couple of polo shirts too.

Oh well, salute and excecute :-\

Nolan Teel

So wait the TPU is gone???  Im upset not that its going away but for the members who spent hard earned money to purchase this uniform just to have it pulled away. 

Pingree1492

From the discussion, the reason behind dropping this uniform seems two-fold.  NOTE:  this is just my impression of the discussion, and may or may not represent the truth.

1) Many of the members expressed a desire to simplify our uniforms.  The fact that we have both the USAF uniform, the grey corporate uniform, and the blue corporate uniform all fill the same purpose.  So they wanted to go with one USAF-type uniform, and one corporate equivalent uniform.  The point about presenting a uniform, recognizable presence was raised a couple of times.

2) This uniform seems to have been a bit of a point of contention with the USAF.  Having a uniform that SO closely resembled an active duty Air Force officers uniform was confusing on a lot of occasions.  Which is the reason (again, my opinion based on their discussion) that this corporate uniform was dropped, and not the grey slacks uniform. 

Also, one of the items that they discussed shortly after approving dropping this uniform was clarifying who actually has the power, and ability to approve uniform changes, among other things.  Unfortunately, I missed most of that discussion, otherwise I would relate the discussion coming out of that end.  It does seem to be that they are quite aware of many of our general concerns in the uniform department- having so many combinations, and different ways to wear them, confusing regs, and constant, stupid little changes in everything that we wear.  Hopefully, the discussion today will lead to a better implemented uniform policy and guidance; however, I wasn't able to listen closely to what was raised so I'm not sure.  Did anyone else catch that portion of the conference?
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Paper Pusher

I am really P.O.ed. I am one of the many senior members that does not meet the h/w requirements. I shelled out $260 for the coat not to speak of what the rest of the uniform costed. Who do I complain to when the NEC are the ones who commit waste and abuse of its membership.

arajca

If they are really only allowing 13 months to phase it out, what's the rush? Just about everything else was given three years.

Nolan Teel

Ever get the feeling they just want it gone? and fast?  I really am upset that this is going to hurt our membership...  I guess after all we have seniors laying around that we can use.