Main Menu

Membership ID cards?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 19, 2009, 10:02:06 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I renewed my membership, and received a CAP Photo ID with my C/Capt grade on it.

Used to be this letter had the no-photo ID. I also paid for the Photo ID separately.

Is this a new thing they are doing, or did they simply send me a photo ID card and skipped the old school card?

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 19, 2009, 10:02:06 PM
I renewed my membership, and received a CAP Photo ID with my C/Capt grade on it.

Used to be this letter had the no-photo ID. I also paid for the Photo ID separately.

Is this a new thing they are doing, or did they simply send me a photo ID card and skipped the old school card?

If you have a photo on file, they will send you a photo ID card at renewal.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Meaning you don't have to pay the $4 again?

.. if so, why not do that when you get a promotion?

I'm incredibly cheap on certain things, while that "hologram" on my picture ID is practically faded off, I didn't submit for a new one with a promotion to Major, last June, with my renewal coming in February. The old one is from 2.5 years ago, I'll renew for another three this time probably as well.

At least that card will not outlast the next promotion .. I just need 3 years, 9 months more of politics, and national staff college. ;-)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on October 19, 2009, 10:09:33 PM

So I should be waiting for the second one to come in, or did they just eat my other $4?  :D

wuzafuzz

I renewed in August and didn't receive a new photo ID card (I do have a photo on file).  They only sent the one that looks like a library card.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

PHall

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 19, 2009, 11:46:52 PM

I renewed in August and didn't receive a new photo ID card (I do have a photo on file).  They only sent the one that looks like a library card.
You have to pay the $4 every time.

Eclipse

As I recall now, there was a note somewhere that said if you paid for a photo ID and crossed a renewal, etc., you'd get only the photo.

Or I'm hallucinating...perhaps this is all a dream?  Or maybe I'm just a figment of your imagination?

I must have a star on my door...or better still, a door...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Blah! What if I want both? This is quite annoying, especially if half the members get the regular card and half the photo card. If that was the case, it should be a click-able option when renewing.

FW

Untill NHQ gets their new membership tracking software up and running, processes will be stuck in the 20th century.  Don't expect easy options until sometime next year.