For those that subscribe to NotF, check your email

Started by Pace, May 12, 2006, 05:52:12 PM

Pace

I just got a very interesting letter in my inbox. Once I confirm if it's authentic with the supposed author, I'll post the 13 page document here (assuming the mods/admins don't strike it down first).

Those that did get it, any comments? Surprised? Angry? Irritated that you read through the entire thing?
Lt Col, CAP

pixelwonk

Mac

The only way to get the document it to subscribe to the site... they don't have the document up for general viewing.

Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

pixelwonk

Chris Jacobs

C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

shorning

AlphaSigOU

Sux... Hoo-Ya (ahem... Yahoo! Groups) stripped the attachment from the e-mail. So... if anyone has it, can you send a copy my way?
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

shorning

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on May 13, 2006, 02:26:22 AM
Sux... Hoo-Ya (ahem... Yahoo! Groups) stripped the attachment from the e-mail. So... if anyone has it, can you send a copy my way?

Me 2 plz?

Mac

Quote from: shorning on May 13, 2006, 02:39:30 AM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on May 13, 2006, 02:26:22 AM

Me 2 plz?
Check your e-mail guys
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Major_Chuck

NotF.  Personally, I remember when NotF 'site' did nothing but slam Civil Air Patrol, it's leadership, and our missions.  I think the 'editor' of NotF also had a law suit against CAP and a personal beef with then Colonel and Florida Wing King Tony Pineda.

Not sure what your 13 page letter is but given past alleged reporting by NotF I can only imagine.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Eclipse

Even the Enquirer gets a true story now and then.

Suffice to say this email is generating as much back-channel, non-public chatter as anything I've ever seen in my short CAP career, and the consensus is that this is a real letter from the stated source.

The information presented fits the stories we have been hearing since last Fall, and if we assume that these are in fact "facts", they also track more closely with the impression those of us who have met the man initially had.

In any case, I believe this weekend's meeting will be significantly more interesting to watch than originally planned.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pace

The meeting is over.  It was a two day event, but it finished in 1.
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

Heh.

I know it was mentioned on CS that the letter was discussed in the meeting some kind of vote was taken.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the short meeting...

"That Others May Zoom"

shorning

After reading the letter, all I have to say is:  "Hmm".

Major_Chuck

I am still not a fan of NotF and will contend that they are slanted against CAP but this letter I feel to be genuine.  I've met Glasgow on several occassions and it ties a lot of things together that I've heard through various non-official channels and conversations.

Indeed...makes you go hmmmm.

Also strengthens my opinion that CAP should be led by a USAF general officer appointed by the Commander AETC or Secretary of the Air Force.  Eliminate the CAP Bull **** politics/games at the NB and NEC levels.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Chris Jacobs

C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

Nathan

Quote from: Major_Chuck on May 13, 2006, 11:47:45 AMAlso strengthens my opinion that CAP should be led by a USAF general officer appointed by the Commander AETC or Secretary of the Air Force.  Eliminate the CAP Bull **** politics/games at the NB and NEC levels.

:clap:

Bravo!
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

ncc1912

Quote from: Major_Chuck on May 13, 2006, 11:47:45 AM
Also strengthens my opinion that CAP should be led by a USAF general officer appointed by the Commander AETC or Secretary of the Air Force.  Eliminate the CAP Bull **** politics/games at the NB and NEC levels.

Major Chuck, I must respectfully disagree, but I must admit, I used to feel the same way :)

This would only facilitate more issues.  An AF general would be far less tolerant of CAP's volunteer nature.

I think that the problem with the NB and NEC is not in its operation, but its structure.  It bares an uncanny resemblance to the German government of 1933-1937.  Gleichschaltung "synchronization": the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control

Basically, the chair of the board/committee is the same person who directly or indirectly selected the board/committee members and decides whether or not they stay on the board/committee.  Obviously there is an inherent conflict-of-interest in these organizations.  It's undeniable.

The way I see it, CAP has two options:  disband the NB and NEC and give control (not command) to the AF and AETC or change our corporate officer (Wing/Region/National commander) selection and removal process.  Either way, it is a decision for the BoG.
//SIGNED//
JUSTIN B. BAIER, Major, CAP
"Dislocated Member"
Civil Air Patrol - United States Air Force Auxiliary
Active-duty USAF
Seoul, Republic of Korea

Nathan

Quote from: ncc1912 on May 16, 2006, 03:09:41 PM

This would only facilitate more issues.  An AF general would be far less tolerant of CAP's volunteer nature.

What brings you to this conclusion?
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.