Would you rather have a

non cap photo ID
13 (81.3%)
CAP ID
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 27, 2006, 07:14:36 PM

Al Sayre

As I remember, they came like a blue card-stock post card and were perforated so you could cut off just the card portion.  I don't have mine any more, but I do have my Restricted Radio Operators Permit dated 1974.  (insert "old guy smilie" here) ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 28, 2006, 12:29:39 AM
As I remember, they came like a blue card-stock post card and were perforated so you could cut off just the card portion.  I don't have mine any more, but I do have my Restricted Radio Operators Permit dated 1974.  (insert "old guy smilie" here) ;D

Mine's dated 9-4-70.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matt

Quote from: MIKE on April 27, 2006, 06:08:47 PM
You don't get it Matt... CAPR 39-2 dated 16 June 2004 flat out says that the cards may only be issued to senior members.  CAPF 19A is dated May 81.  Cadets can request CAPF 19s by submitting a CAPF 19A sure... but any issuing officer at wing with half a brain knows that CAPR 39-2 as published restricts issue to seniors and will round file any CAPF 19A submitted for a cadet.  Why waste the paper/postage?

Nope, I gathered that, whichever is newer is the trump, Admin-101.

However, the second question didn't get answered.  Why does it say members, and not Senior Members.

Quote from: CAPR 39-2
1) Members may request identification cards by completing CAPF 19A, Request for CAP Photo Identification Card, attaching a 1" x 1" photograph and forwarding to their region or wing headquarters as appropriate.

And, there is nothing governing the cadet portion under the photo ID clause.  There is only direction of SMs, and unless I missed a paragraph, it's not an exclusionary reg.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

SarDragon

OK, the entire text of that section is quoted below. Any highlighting is mine.

Quote from: CAPR 39-2, para 1-15. Membership and Identifications Cards.b. In addition, CAPF 19, CAP Photo Identification Card, may be issued to senior members on an optional basis by region and wing commanders. (National Headquarters may issue photo identification cards to members assigned to units in the 99000 series.) The photo identification card is not valid unless accompanied by a current membership card.
1) Members may request identification cards by completing CAPF 19A, Request for CAP Photo Identification Card, attaching a 1" x 1" photograph and forwarding to their region or wing headquarters as appropriate.
2) Members assigned to units in the 99000 series may request photo identification cards directly from NHQ CAP/LMM.
Having established in para b. that cards are to be issued to senior members, it becomes redundant to restate "senior members" in paras 1) and 2).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matt

Quote from: SarDragon on April 28, 2006, 08:48:44 PM

Quote from: CAPR 39-2, para 1-15. Membership and Identifications Cards.b. In addition, CAPF 19, CAP Photo Identification Card, may be issued to senior members on an optional basis by region and wing commanders. (National Headquarters may issue photo identification cards to members assigned to units in the 99000 series.) The photo identification card is not valid unless accompanied by a current membership card.
2) Members assigned to units in the 99000 series may request photo identification cards directly from NHQ CAP/LMM.
Having established in para b. that cards are to be issued to senior members, it becomes redundant to restate "senior members" in paras 1) and 2).

Ok, so then where does it mention anything to govern cadets?  The reg is not exclusionary, so in theory they could be.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

arajca

Quote from: Matt on April 29, 2006, 08:32:05 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on April 28, 2006, 08:48:44 PM

Ok, so then where does it mention anything to govern cadets?  The reg is not exclusionary, so in theory they could be.
Since it SPECIFIES SENIOR MEMBERS, that means it is only for SENIOR MEMBERS. It doesn't have to say "Not for cadets". That is a given since it says the card is for senior members. read the emphasised portion.