Oregon and Washington Encampment

Started by TEAM SURGE, August 29, 2008, 06:35:27 PM

TEAM SURGE

I am looking for information on how to get on staff at encampment.

Does anyone know when these encampments will start accepting applications?

Or any information that will help get a spot on staff at encampment?

If you have any information that will be useful, send it my way! All information will be appreciated!

C/Tsgt.Messman
OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

Larry Mangum

Washington's Summer encampment just concluded.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

TEAM SURGE

Yes sir I mean for next year. 2009 Summer Encampments.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

They will likely start seeking staff applications a few months prior to the start of encampment. I don't know what it is like up there, but FLWG did not start looking for applications for Encampment Commander and Cadet Commander until a few weeks ago for our Winter Encampment.

I would start keeping an eye out sometime in March or April. If your wing has a Yahoo! Group or some other mass emailing system I would suggest joining it if you haven't already. That is an excellent way to keep appraised of what is going on in your wing, to include Encampment and other activities.

Over the next year while you are waiting I would do everything in my power to seek out responsibility, and leadership knowledge. Go to as many courses as you can, do stuff at your squadron, and be the best NCO you can be, this will make you a stronger candidate when it comes time to apply, and a much better (I'm guessing either Flight Sergeant or First Sergeant) at Encampment.

Larry Mangum

For Washington goto www.wawg.cap.gov. The wing is pretty good at posting stuff like that.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

TEAM SURGE

Will do. Thanks!

Do you possibly remeber me I was Cascade Falcon X

I was an Airmen First Class. You were the Encampment Commander.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

MitchCat

I heard that WAWG will be doing staff application stuff around March.  That's how it went last year, so I'm assuming it'll be the same.  I'll post here again if I find out anything new. 
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

notaNCO forever

I know in my state staff applications for summer 09 encampments are do next week.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: NCO forever on September 24, 2008, 06:19:35 PM
I know in my state staff applications for summer 09 encampments are do next week.

What wing are you in?
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

notaNCO forever

TEAM SURGE

C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

SarDragon

That's on the other side of the world from you. CT = Connecticut.

Might want to brush up on your geography and state postal codes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

notaNCO forever

C/MSgt. White

So wait... If you go to basic you can participate in a national activity... like any national activity or is there a national basic encampment...? I never truly understood this concept.
Derek White, C/MSgt. CAP
PCR-WA-015

Timbo

^ YES....Basic Encampment opens the door to participation in National Activities.  and yes there is a National Encampment.  Or at least there has been......not sure about last year. 

jeders

Quote from: Derek on December 02, 2008, 08:15:27 PM
So wait... If you go to basic you can participate in a national activity... like any national activity or is there a national basic encampment...? I never truly understood this concept.

Once you complete your basic encampment (they can be held by wing or region or a few wings in a region), then you are eligible to apply for National Cadet Special Activities (NCSAs). NCSAs include things like National Blue Beret (NBB), Hawk Mountain Ranger School (HMRS), Cadet Officer School (COS), et al. These are just a fraction of the NCSAs, the full list can be found here. There is no national encampment anymore.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

C/MSgt. White

Derek White, C/MSgt. CAP
PCR-WA-015

SWASH

Quote from: NCO forever on September 24, 2008, 06:19:35 PM

Wow, that seems a little un-needed.  If you turn in your apps by November and find your staff position by some time in December, that's 6-8 months prior to encampment.  I only found out my position for the ILWG SE 2008 3 or 4 months prior.
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

TEAM SURGE

So is there a clear date set for the actuall encampment? For Oregon?
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

Camas

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on December 10, 2008, 07:42:47 PM

Aug 20-29 at Monmouth where the encampments have been in the past. Not sure if they're taking staff positions for cadets yet but you might want to check with your commander. He's part of the ORWG cadet program directorate so he should know. Good luck to you; I'd like to see you on staff.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: Camas on December 11, 2008, 12:01:20 AM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on December 10, 2008, 07:42:47 PM

Aug 20-29 at Monmouth where the encampments have been in the past. Not sure if they're taking staff positions for cadets yet but you might want to check with your commander. He's part of the ORWG cadet program directorate so he should know. Good luck to you; I'd like to see you on staff.

Yeah my commander is the commadant for cadets this year I believe. I am sending in my application this next meeting. I would like to be a flight seargent I hope. Any staff position would work for me though. Thanks a lot. Hopefully this date doesn't have to be on the same date as my football camp or wrestling camp.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

TEAM SURGE

I am not very computer friendly. If you could help me with this it would be awesome! I need the application for encampment like the form. If you could help send it to my email.

ryanmrules@hotmail.com
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

TEAM SURGE