Squadron Operating Budgets & Reports to Members?

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 20, 2008, 10:00:38 PM

RADIOMAN015

Got to wonder if there's ever been a study on various squadron's use of their funds as well as their funding source e.g. grants, member dues, fund raising efforts etc.  How much money is spent on meeting mandatory National, Region, & Wing requirements.  Also as far as squadron budgets go, shouldn't the membership (those that pay those dues) get a statement that basically shows what the planned expenditures are budgeted for (plan) and what has actual been spent (to date) and for what.   Seems there's always a pushed about some sort of fund raising.   At our squadron -- Senior members pay $15.00 per quarter in squadron dues.   The local military base provides us free meeting space, local telephone, & utilities.   

Larry Mangum

The Finance Committee is suppose to approve all expenditures and it has been my experience that Squadron Finances are normally part of the monthly business meeting.  In any case the finance committee minutes should be available to any member of the unit upon request.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

RiverAux

I can't think of any funds we spent on mandatory requirements from above.  Usually such things are paperwork related (sending in reports, etc.) so might cost some postage. 

IceNine

Stamps :D  Do you live in 1999?

I scan and email everything, except S-3's and 8's
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

Better apply the cost of that fancy scanner towards the "mandated from above" total then. 

Flying Pig

As the Sq. Commander, the Finance Committee members have access to the Wing Banker site and an look at the statements as they are published by Wing.  Although, any member who asks to see it is more than welcome to meet with me and Ill pull up the statements for them.  But since it is all password protected, not everyone gets "access" to it.

We discuss the finances once a month at our Senior Meeting.  As far as doing any Studies?  I barely have time to make it to the meetings sometimes!