Main Menu

Newbie Seeking Info

Started by Stokes, April 28, 2008, 02:57:09 AM

MIKE

I enjoyed being a cadet myself... And then leading cadets.
Mike Johnston

Stokes

How long does it typicaly take a person to gain rank. Would boyscout service help any.

MIKE

Around 2-4 months per achievent... It really depends on a number of factors.  BSA won't get you promoted any faster though.
Mike Johnston

Stokes

Ok.So if I join tomorrow cause that is when meetings are when will I get shipped the package.

MIKE

I'd really recommend you give it a few meetings before you ask for the forms.  Your squadron may make you wait before they'll give 'em to you to.

Membership card usually comes within a month, binder can take a bit longer... If you are lucky enough to get a free uniform through FCU/CUP... it can take a LONG time, and they don't send everything you'll need.
Mike Johnston

Stokes

I have been to a meeting and I am sure I want to join.If they want me to wait a while longer than I will.It don't bother me.

DC

How long it takes them to send you your stuff depends on when your paperwork gets processed by National Headquarters. So, after you complete it and turn it in to your squadron it gets mailed to NHQ, then they process it. Once that is completed you will be regestered on your squadron's roster, at which point you will be mailed your membership card and binder package. You should get your card within a week, two at most. Your books could take anywhere from a week to a month or two...

Back when I joined the new cadet package included your leadership textbook, your Aerospace Education textbook, a CD with some cool info on opportunities and CAP publications, a pen, the binder, and a few other tidbits.

If you recieve a uniform under the Free Cadet Uniform then you will be sent a short sleeved shirt, pants, our flight cap, and IIRC a belt, but I'm not totally sure on that. I got mine about a month after I joined, but I have seen cadets get it six months after they joined, and some that were sent a uniform according to NHQ, but never recieved it. Basically you'll get it when you get it. Your squadron, or a nearby squadron will probably be able to give you a used uniform until yours comes in.