Blue Flight Jacket with CAP Aviator Shirt/Distinctive Uniform

Started by RF273, October 18, 2005, 06:33:51 PM

Eclipse

I wouldn't think twice about it - if you're inclined to spend the money, go for it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Custer

Quote from: SarDragon on October 20, 2005, 04:33:21 AM
Given the general military policy of not mixing uniform items with civilian clothes and the specific prohibition on wearing leather jackets with the AF style, I would recommend not wasting your money trying to be a wanna-be. As for the sage green jackets, I might consider being a little looser with the rules, but the same basic principle still applies. I wear one of the old nylon jackets with my corporate uniforms when I'm around the squadron, but not where I'm subject to higher scrutiny.
The squadron I was at last night (rejoining CAP after a 24 year break) were all wearing sage green MA1 jackets (with full insignia) with polo shirts.  But I will also add this, its the first time I have ever seen any CAP unit all dressed the same way.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

heliodoc

Hey Custer

Welcome back to CAP!!!...I came back after 25 yrs back in 2005

Welcome to CAPTalk..where they go a MILE a MINUTE over uniform wear such as you are describing.

The re are some CAP uniform Kommandos here that you will meet......eerrrr communicate via keyboard about ALLLLL those nasty CAP infractions

Standby for your Sqdn's dressing down via the Internets...they are comin after you and your uniformly out of uniform compadres!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep your heads low and yer powder dry....its coming.......the uniform police will be knocking at your Sqdn door...SOON >:D >:D >:D

Gotta go........ the Kommandos may be tracing me via the Internets for welcoming you and your sorts back!!!

lordmonar

Hey Custer.

Ignore heliodoc.  He says he does not like all the CAPTALK discussions about uniforms...but he spends a lot of time on the uniform threads.

And yes....your squadron is uniformily out of uniform.

Such is life.  :D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

heliodoc

See Custer

What did I tell you?  I may spend alot of time in the uniform threads.  You know why??  "cuz folk here are SOOOOO enthralled by the wear of a USAF uniform.  Some or most of us here have spent time in the REAL Military and know how to wear a uniform and wear it correctly.  BUT wait a minute.... CAPTalkers here KNOW everything about uniform wear  and are REALLLLLY good at it.  You WILL notice by the number of threads talking, thinking, dreaming, about......UNIFORMS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So standby ........Looooookee at the thread count in the Aerospace ED and Aviation side of CAP........ not nearly the thread count for an organization with the word AIR in its name.  You'd think there would be more discussion about that subject, now wouldn't you??

You decide for yourself

You will also notice the posters numbers on the left.  Those numbers reflect commentary on nearly everything!!

I am primarily here for the humor in seeing how CAP members can go way off track derailing threads about uniforms

Have fun , Custer.  Do not know where you humor level is.... there is a couple  ........tdepp is one and he's a practical thinkin lawyer!!

Hope to see your commentary!!

Hawk200

Quote from: heliodoc on May 18, 2010, 11:30:23 PM
See Custer

What did I tell you?  I may spend alot of time in the uniform threads.  You know why??  "cuz folk here are SOOOOO enthralled by the wear of a USAF uniform.  Some or most of us here have spent time in the REAL Military and know how to wear a uniform and wear it correctly.  BUT wait a minute.... CAPTalkers here KNOW everything about uniform wear  and are REALLLLLY good at it.  You WILL notice by the number of threads talking, thinking, dreaming, about......UNIFORMS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So standby ........Looooookee at the thread count in the Aerospace ED and Aviation side of CAP........ not nearly the thread count for an organization with the word AIR in its name.  You'd think there would be more discussion about that subject, now wouldn't you??

You decide for yourself

You will also notice the posters numbers on the left.  Those numbers reflect commentary on nearly everything!!

I am primarily here for the humor in seeing how CAP members can go way off track derailing threads about uniforms

Have fun , Custer.  Do not know where you humor level is.... there is a couple  ........tdepp is one and he's a practical thinkin lawyer!!

That's just sad.

Short Field

Quote from: heliodoc on May 18, 2010, 10:33:05 PM
Gotta go........ the Kommandos may be tracing me via the Internets for welcoming you and your sorts back!!!
Paranoid??
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Custer

Quote from: heliodoc on May 18, 2010, 11:30:23 PM
See Custer

OK

I spent two years in an Air Cav unit as one of 8 Commissioned officers stuck in there with 28 flying warrants.  You may have been one of them for all I know.

MA-1's were all the rage.  Not for me though, I was a ground cavalry officer who got assigned there by mistake.  I ended up retiring out of the reserves as my active career never recovered from that mis-assignment.

Anyway, as far as uniforms go all I seem to need to be in CAP today is one each $22 screen printed blue polo shirt.  Fine by me.  Seems in this unit thats all I ever need to get.  Anything else I buy would probably be in the process of being phased out by the time UPS got it here anyway.

Custer

Quote from: Al Sayre on May 18, 2010, 08:47:07 PM
So they were uniformly out of uniform?  >:D
Apparently thats a very common uniform combination, authorized or not.

heliodoc

^^^
Negative Sir

Love to have been a Warrant....life got in the way...

I retired in 2004 as a US ARNG helo mech E6 and the last 10 of 21 years as an TI (Tech Inspector) and spent the last 4 of 22 as a Dual Status WG10 series mechanic, servicing your fave aircraft UH1 series, UH60 series, OH58 series, and a few C12 when some civilian contractors needed an assist

Ground Cav , huh?  which unit?

Anyway welcome to the fray, Sir! 

Eclipse

Quote from: Custer on May 19, 2010, 01:57:09 AM
Anyway, as far as uniforms go all I seem to need to be in CAP today is one each $22 screen printed blue polo shirt.

What do you intend to actually do in CAP?

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Anyway, as far as uniforms go all I seem to need to be in CAP today is one each $22 screen printed blue polo shirt.  Fine by me.  Seems in this unit thats all I ever need to get.  Anything else I buy would probably be in the process of being phased out by the time UPS got it here anyway.

Try getting one with a centered seal.  The shirts I got from Vanguard had the seal WAY off the center of the pocket.   >:(

Mustang

Quote from: JC004 on May 19, 2010, 11:38:27 AM
Try getting one with a centered seal.  The shirts I got from Vanguard had the seal WAY off the center of the pocket.   >:(
Be sure to let your chain of command know this.  The quality of Vanguard's merchandise has been slipping across the board, while their prices continue to rise.  If nobody complains, these issues will never be raised.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Custer

Quote from: Eclipse on May 19, 2010, 03:42:23 AM
Anyway, as far as uniforms go all I seem to need to be in CAP today is one each $22 screen printed blue polo shirt.

What do you intend to actually do in CAP?
I was a mission observer back in the early 80's.  The unit I checked out is almost all pilots with no observers so I think I'll be doing that again.

Having actually served a few years in a military air unit, I do know what Nomex is actually for, and wearing that in a Cessna seems on a par with the guy flying the Dehaviland Otter at lake Perris insisting he have an ejection seat parachute in case he had to bail out of a turboprop.

If they insist I get a sage green flight suit I will, but I'm guessing they fly in that same outfit.  I could be pleasantly surprised and find out that they won't wear nylon jackets in an aircraft and thats why they thev been relegated to being worn over polo shirts for regular meetings...... but I kind of doubt it.

Custer

I'm not sure how to do that as I won't see the product before it gets here.  And as been pointed out, there is no alternate source.

SarDragon

Quote from: Custer on May 19, 2010, 07:02:03 PM

I'm not sure how to do that as I won't see the product before it gets here.  And as been pointed out, there is no alternate source.

Send it back, and tell them it's defective. That worked for me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret