Show Us Your Rack / The SARGrunt Saga

Started by Duke Dillio, September 07, 2007, 04:23:20 PM

DHollywood

Quote from: Stonewall on September 11, 2007, 09:49:15 AM
The "reup" gift doesn't mean someone gave him a HALO badge as a gift, if I'm not mistaken, they sent him to school as a gift.  I could be wrong, but I've heard of people getting some schools in this manner.  But HALO?  I know of guys in SF that had to wait years to get a HALO slot.

I've heard of non-11B types getting an "honorary" EIB who did the testing but couldn't wear it.

But Tim, why would you have said to Sgt Savage in that post that you wear your scroll under your pocket and not your tab?  I know, "the tab is an award, the scroll a way of life", but everyone I know that wears something under their pocket is a tab. 

And you said you couldn't be on jump status so you had to leave BN, but then you were assigned to a jump unit in Korea where they sent you to HALO?

You have to understand why all this stuff looks so [darn] fishy.

Which begs for more clarification.  I understood that to mean someone gave him the badge - I suppose I saw it that way because there is no way someone not on jump status who is not a master blaster is going to get HALO slots - especially if they are not 11B CMF.  The only way an FO would get BOTH Scuba and HALO would be if he was LRSD on Batt and then only after a re-up.

In my humble Airborne opinion the best answer to these interesting questions is a copy of a DD214....  SARGRUNT opened the door for inquiry when he posted his "rack" and the truth WILL come out.
account deleted by member

Duke Dillio

Quote from: Stonewall on September 11, 2007, 09:49:15 AM
The "reup" gift doesn't mean someone gave him a HALO badge as a gift, if I'm not mistaken, they sent him to school as a gift.  I could be wrong, but I've heard of people getting some schools in this manner.  But HALO?  I know of guys in SF that had to wait years to get a HALO slot.

I've heard of non-11B types getting an "honorary" EIB who did the testing but couldn't wear it.

But Tim, why would you have said to Sgt Savage in that post that you wear your scroll under your pocket and not your tab?  I know, "the tab is an award, the scroll a way of life", but everyone I know that wears something under their pocket is a tab. 

And you said you couldn't be on jump status so you had to leave BN, but then you were assigned to a jump unit in Korea where they sent you to HALO?

You have to understand why all this stuff looks so [darn] fishy.
The answer to your first question is that i wear my tab under my BDU cap opposite where we used to wear it on the front.  My scroll is usually under my pocket flap.  Second question, I reupped in Batt, went to HALO, was then injured on a jump after that and was removed from jump status.  It wasn't a permanent disqualification from jumping.  I understand where you guys are coming from as I have only seen maybe a handful of guys with the "Military Freefall Parachutist Badge" and even fewer of that with the HALO jumpmaster badge.  I met one guy who was a total fake and had the HALO badge with a star on it.  I asked him how he got it and he tried to tell me that it was from such and such number of HALO jumps.  I kindly asked him to take it off.  Like I said before, you guys can believe what you want of me.  As I said before, I didn't do anything spectacular while I was in, I just got lucky on a few occasions.

Uranogo

Quote from: sargrunt on September 07, 2007, 04:23:20 PM
All right, you asked for it.  Here is every hunk of metal I have ever received:

Quick note here.  I was unofficially awarded the EIB.  I passed all of the tests when I was stationed in Korea with the 1/506th (AA) IN BN.  I was a forward observer (MOS 13F) which precluded me from being officially awarded the device.  I am no longer authorized the EMT badge due to expiration.  This rack also includes all cadet awards minus the Mary Feik award which was not in existence when I was a cadet however I would have earned it.  And no I have never worn all of this stuff ever.  I'd look like some sort of Cuban general if I did that with ribbons and devices hanging down my back.

I am only here at the request of someone else:

Sargrunt you are full of [mess]................................................period

Here is my resume for you to choke on. Ya know I was RIP Instructor probably the same time you went thru RIP. If indeed you went.
I worked with guys like, Nichols, Webb, Struecker, Mason.................they call me Bubba

90-93 1st plt A co 3/75
93-98 RRD,RIP,Pre-Ranger INST
98-00 Ranger Instructor 4TH RTB
03-04 OIF1 04-06 NGB Pre-Ranger, Fort Benning GA

I am Halo Qualified and I have never heard of a FO in Regiment getting halo school unless they were on a FIST team and those were gone long before you showed up.

Regiment would never send a cherry like you to Scuba School so I am going to check that out as well

What I am going to do is check your Ranger tab, meaning I am going to physically check the records at 4th RTB to see if you are tabbed. Then I am going to get with my contacts and see about your time in 2/75.

Either way you are still full of [mess] and are making other Rangers look bad. True, somethings may be true but lose the EIB.

PaulR

Like I said earlier...   It is embarrassing to be called out in this manner.  There is always someone out there who knows someone who has access to the truth.

People who make claims to things like fake awards and unit affiliations always get caught, sooner or later.  The military is a smaller world than many think. 

Again, claiming decorations, distinctions, and titles not legitimately received is a federal crime under the Stolen Valour act of 2005.   

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on September 12, 2007, 12:15:30 PM
What did you find?

FYI...  I just looked at eServices and found that I don't have the comm badge listed but I showed it on my rack.  I know this is a major crime but I do have a CAPF 2A that says I'm legal to wear it.

Stonewall; it's as simple as showing documentation to your unit commander or professional development officer.  Both of them should have online access to add specialty track ratings in e-services.  With the proper documentation, it would be corrected quickly.

Quote from: davedove on September 12, 2007, 12:14:16 PM
Updating my rack because I got my first Find.

Congratulations!

Quote from: Uranogo on September 12, 2007, 04:22:19 AM
Either way you are still full of [mess] and are making other Rangers look bad. True, somethings may be true but lose the EIB.

I'm hoping I don't have to ask this more than once -- gentlemen, please take this debate to PM.  If you have something to follow up with after your discussions, fine, but no need to distract from the achievements of others being posted here.  Thanks!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: Pylon on September 12, 2007, 01:44:20 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 12, 2007, 12:15:30 PM
What did you find?

FYI...  I just looked at eServices and found that I don't have the comm badge listed but I showed it on my rack.  I know this is a major crime but I do have a CAPF 2A that says I'm legal to wear it.

Stonewall; it's as simple as showing documentation to your unit commander or professional development officer.  Both of them should have online access to add specialty track ratings in e-services.  With the proper documentation, it would be corrected quickly.

I know, I was just sort of saying it in jest.  I have never even worn the comm badge, I just threw it up on my rack because I have a technician rating in comms too.  I could care less.  I know that some folks have access to eServices and can look up anyone, whereas a low life like me can only look at folks in my squadron.  I'm pretty sure I'm safe from getting written up for wearing a badge not shown on eServices.
Serving since 1987.

DHollywood

Quote from: Uranogo on September 12, 2007, 04:22:19 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on September 07, 2007, 04:23:20 PM
All right, you asked for it.  Here is every hunk of metal I have ever received:

Quick note here.  I was unofficially awarded the EIB.  I passed all of the tests when I was stationed in Korea with the 1/506th (AA) IN BN.  I was a forward observer (MOS 13F) which precluded me from being officially awarded the device.  I am no longer authorized the EMT badge due to expiration.  This rack also includes all cadet awards minus the Mary Feik award which was not in existence when I was a cadet however I would have earned it.  And no I have never worn all of this stuff ever.  I'd look like some sort of Cuban general if I did that with ribbons and devices hanging down my back.

I am only here at the request of someone else:

Sargrunt you are full of [mess]................................................period

Here is my resume for you to choke on. Ya know I was RIP Instructor probably the same time you went thru RIP. If indeed you went.
I worked with guys like, Nichols, Webb, Struecker, Mason.................they call me Bubba

90-93 1st plt A co 3/75
93-98 RRD,RIP,Pre-Ranger INST
98-00 Ranger Instructor 4TH RTB
03-04 OIF1 04-06 NGB Pre-Ranger, Fort Benning GA

I am Halo Qualified and I have never heard of a FO in Regiment getting halo school unless they were on a FIST team and those were gone long before you showed up.

Regiment would never send a cherry like you to Scuba School so I am going to check that out as well

What I am going to do is check your Ranger tab, meaning I am going to physically check the records at 4th RTB to see if you are tabbed. Then I am going to get with my contacts and see about your time in 2/75.

So he is a  Poser

Uranogo

Is he a poser???????????????

Still waiting to see if he chimes in or not!

DHollywood

pixelwonk

This isn't the type of rack the thread is about guys.

Personal attacks are done.