What happened to crushed caps and cigarettes...

Started by jb512, September 24, 2007, 07:23:10 AM

kpetersen

Quote from: RobG on September 26, 2007, 08:38:11 AM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 25, 2007, 03:34:49 AM
Quote from: BillB on September 24, 2007, 08:47:06 PM
Kach has nothing against women. He thinks every man should own one

One?

Incoming..........................

Only because a request for response was made.  :)

There's a reason for increased concentration of sex workers around overseas US military bases.  I guess trying to stop that would be feminizing the military also?  Then Kach would have a harder time buying his women.

(sorry, it's my poli-sci senior research project)
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

JohnKachenmeister

Well, they ARE trying to stop it, and yes, it does represent the feminization of the military.

But, it isn't only the military.  There is a general trend toward feminization of American society.  This is a trend that mirrors Western Europe.

Try finding toy guns in stores now.
Another former CAP officer

Grumpy

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 26, 2007, 07:31:18 AM
The nukes didn't worry me.  Until recently we used to have patrols up with nukes all the time, 24/7.  WIWAC, the B-52's used to land and take off from Wright Patterson at all kinds of odd hours, and all ready to fly to the Evil Empire and blast a few cities or bases off the face of the Earth.  One-third of the total SAC force was always in the air and always armed. 

Ah yes, the man sounds like a SAC trained killer.  Peace is our profession. Professional Results In Daily Effort (PRIDE)  Not sure if that last one was a SAC quote or just our Bomb Wing

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Grumpy on September 26, 2007, 10:14:44 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 26, 2007, 07:31:18 AM
The nukes didn't worry me.  Until recently we used to have patrols up with nukes all the time, 24/7.  WIWAC, the B-52's used to land and take off from Wright Patterson at all kinds of odd hours, and all ready to fly to the Evil Empire and blast a few cities or bases off the face of the Earth.  One-third of the total SAC force was always in the air and always armed. 

Ah yes, the man sounds like a SAC trained killer.  Peace is our profession. Professional Results In Daily Effort (PRIDE)  Not sure if that last one was a SAC quote or just our Bomb Wing

You forgot a few gems:

"Peace Through Superior Firepower!"
"Victory through Devastation!"

The all-encompassing canonical list of SAC-isms online is at http://www.weathergraphics.com/tim/sacisms.htm .
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Grumpy

Hey, that's cool.  I never saw that before.  I do remember the one about a blow for peace although I remember it as freedom.

Off my pointed little head those were the only ones I remember.  But what can you ecpect from an old guy AP?

Fifinella

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 27, 2007, 11:36:26 AM
The all-encompassing canonical list of SAC-isms online is at http://www.weathergraphics.com/tim/sacisms.htm .

Serious flashbacks for this Tanker Toad.  Thanks. (I think...)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753