Flight Officer Insignia

Started by JayT, September 16, 2007, 05:50:58 PM

JayT

AFJROTC Cadet Colonel

AFJROTC Cadet Captain

I've definately seen AFROTC cadets wearing them on their BDUs.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

SJFedor

That's true, they do. I believe they also use the C/2d Lt insigna from AFJROTC in AFROTC for C/4C and the C/1st Lt insignia for C/3C, before they enter into the POC.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

jb512

Quote from: JThemann on September 20, 2007, 10:15:14 PM

AFJROTC Cadet Colonel

AFJROTC Cadet Captain

I've definately seen AFROTC cadets wearing them on their BDUs.

Those are AFJROTC rank (but the Senior ROTC has taken two of them for their 4th and 3rd class rank).  I think the square ones that everyone is refering to is the picture I'm attaching...

mikeylikey

^ these are for the BDU's right?  As the shoulder sleeve insignia is slightly different.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

If you are talking about AFROTC we use the same epulet system as the Navy in regard to grade: 2nd lt = 1 stripe, cadet colonel = 4 stripes.
The epulet itself is jet black and the stripes are white/silver.

The c/4c and c/3c epulets are black and white and consist of stripes running at a 45 degree angle across the epulet. 1 stripe for freshmen and two for sophmores.

AFROTC GMC cadets use blue and silver 'jrotc' insignia on bdus - blue with either a single silver stripe or two silver stripes.

POC cadets use black squares with stripes. (think a hard epulet)

I was set up to be a  cadet second john before the medicaled me.  >:( :'( :'(

As for what Ive seen among FO's, and what Ive done myself on BDUs  is get the POC epulet with either 1 two or three stripes, and put on "CAP" insignia on the opposite lapel.
Flight suits, never dealt with them.

Before I made Lt, I called Vanguard (2006) and inquired as to the availiblity of the hard  FO insignia and was informed. "No idea, a production run has yet to be scheduled."
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJESOFFICER

BDU wise Vanguard has cloth grades for FO's. As a prior FO and then TFO I would use these than  the metal ones, I believe are out of reg even if they are nice to wear.   Here is an example of AFROTC METAL GRADE RANKS  the Second, Captain, and Major ranks could work as FO ranks if regs allow...
1 LT Brendan Gadd
San Jose Sqd 80, CAWG
Emergency Services Officer

mikeylikey

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on September 21, 2007, 08:31:06 AM
If you are talking about AFROTC we use the same epaulet system as the Navy in regard to grade: 2nd Lt = 1 stripe, cadet colonel = 4 stripes.

The navy ROTC uses lines, but they are all single lines not "FAT lines and SKINY lines" like what are used in AFROTC.  So The NROTC lines actually go up to six total lines, while AFROTC only goes up to four. 

What's up monkeys?

jb512

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 21, 2007, 03:22:31 AM
^ these are for the BDU's right?  As the shoulder sleeve insignia is slightly different.

Correct.  The shoulder sleeves are black/white but still follow the same pattern for the officer insignia.

alamrcn

Might be a touch late, but I have all the Flight Officer insignia - plus a few of the Warrant Officer insignia here...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/ranksenior/

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota