Main Menu

Blue Beret

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 15, 2007, 08:24:27 PM

Becks

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 17, 2007, 01:00:36 AM
I like the idea of wearing the MAJCOM.......but written somewhere?
I dont, it holds no tradition for NBB.  However since we were told to wear the MAJCOM by both Nat CC and Activity CC I will.

BBATW

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Becks on September 17, 2007, 01:17:14 AM
I dont, it holds no tradition for NBB.  However since we were told to wear the MAJCOM by both Nat CC and Activity CC I will.

Is it backed by the St. Albin's Flash?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 17, 2007, 01:23:20 AM
Quote from: Becks on September 17, 2007, 01:17:14 AM

Is it backed by the St. Albin's Flash?

speaking of the Flash....Didn't I see one posted here not to long ago?

Eagle400

Quote from: Becks on September 17, 2007, 01:17:14 AMI dont, it holds no tradition for NBB.  However since we were told to wear the MAJCOM by both Nat CC and Activity CC I will.

Oh great.  So just because the National CC and the Activity CC do it wrong makes it okay?

Man, the general-who-shall-not-be-named sure has set quite a negative precedent.  What's next, blue berets for everybody? 

And why does he get to wear the blue beret if he's never graduated from the activity?  That kind of diminishes the value of wearing the beret, don't you think?       

CadetProgramGuy

MS Paint produced this....

mikeylikey

^  Wrong MAJCOM, but thanks for posting.   ;D  I think that looks silly.  Keep the beret without adding the MAJCOM would be best.
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

ok dumb question.  Which majcom is the correct one?  With the US or With out the US?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 17, 2007, 02:29:35 AM
ok dumb question.  Which majcom is the correct one?  With the US or With out the US?

Either is OK, until 1 April 2008, when the U.S. CAP command patch is official.

Save your U.S. Air Force Auxiliary command patches, boys, they might make a comeback!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Becks

Tony was made an honorary Beret...trust me Im not happy about it either.  It would be nice to have an Alban's flash but currently its just the MAJCOM by itself.  Search the forum, I already posted pics of which MAJCOM it is.

BBATW

floridacyclist

I know he earned his ranger card too this past Summer....but I don't know how honorary that was. I somehow just don't see some 16yo staffer correcting him on his waterknots or him playing 3-ball soccer at 6AM LOL
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

mikeylikey

Quote from: floridacyclist on September 17, 2007, 10:13:44 AM
I know he earned his ranger card too this past Summer....but I don't know how honorary that was. I somehow just don't see some 16yo staffer correcting him on his waterknots or him playing 3-ball soccer at 6AM LOL

It was strictly honorary.  The PAWG newsletter (which is crap btw) had a write up about a bunch of them "earning" honorary ranger grades and badges.
What's up monkeys?

cnitas

"FOLLOW-ON ACTION: National Headquarters implementation of policy, notification to the field and change to appropriate CAP regulations."

So far, except for "implementation of policy" (whatever that means), none of these things has happened.  Even the knowledgebase answer says "partially true" (it did not specify which part of the question was true).

A policy letter would take about 15 minutes to write and email...so where is it?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

mikeylikey

^  Sitting on Pineda's desk.  I have a feeling there are a lot of things sitting on his desk that the acting Commander does not want to touch due to political and "other" reasons.  Don't forget Courter was never Pineda's choice, she has said that herself.
What's up monkeys?

Matt

Quote from: Becks on September 17, 2007, 12:57:28 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on September 16, 2007, 10:11:04 PM
Speaking of awarding hawk and BB items, the Ranger School OIC has said to me "I am going to see what else we can invent, so we can wear more" It was said jokingly, but I have a funny feeling that he meant it.
Find me my vomit smiley please...

[...]

As wrong as it is... here you are...

http://smileyworld.com/dictionary/images/smileys/Actions/Vomit.gif (I didn't make it a smiley because... well... it's just to... pukey...)

Or

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

jimmydeanno

^I always liked this one:
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

alamrcn

Real quick...

You can wear items awarded at National Blue Beret and Hawk Mountain Ranger School.

Ok, National Blue Beret...

If you attended this activity in 1990 or previous, the awarded beret would not qualify to be worn now since those schools were GLR and NCR BB activities. Berets awarded from 1995 (the first NCSA) to present can be worn. Right?

And Hawk...

The orange hat, white pistol belt, and infantry blue ascot are a Hawk UNIFORM - they are not awarded. The black pistol belt, however, is awarded. Hawk was only a "National Special Activity" for one or maybe two years before it was set back to being a PAWG activity. However, it continues to be a "nationally recognized" activity - I know, semantics. IIRC, all the tab insignia were discontinued when the activity went National except for the LL (R/1) shoulder patch. I didn't think the tabs ever came back after that. If that is true, no one can wear them, right?

It is possible to decipher this pending regulation, but they REALLY need to make lists!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Eclipse

According to NHQ, HMRS is NCSA.

http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5388

Based on the interim change letters, etc., what you can wear from HMRS is the same blue beret as NBB participants, and the HMRS patch on the left shirt pocket as one of the optional insignia.

Period.

"That Others May Zoom"

alamrcn

Quote from: Eclipse on September 18, 2007, 11:02:53 PM
According to NHQ, HMRS is NCSA.

You're right, they do call it a NCSA after all. But the only one not run by National, and the website even says in bold red, "Note:  Hawk applications are NOT handled by NHQ." Guess it was just the name that changed after that one or two years, dropping the word "National" from the school's title.

At the very bottom of the page linked above, right above the "Fees" part, it says...
Quote from: National's website
-Students who successfully complete the school can wear the NCSA ribbon and school "LL Insignia" and any other earned insignia.
Wonder what the "other" insignia means? Maybe the "staff" rocker under the LL patch, but it is almost inconceivable for an out-of-the-area member to become staff due to the many training commitments.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

mikeylikey

^  They are in the process of inventing new awardable items at Hawk. I kid you NOT.
What's up monkeys?

Eagle400

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 19, 2007, 12:57:01 AM
^  They are in the process of inventing new awardable items at Hawk. I kid you NOT.

Oh my gosh, this is unbelieveable.  Does the military come up with awardable items for training outside of berets, badges, patches and ribbons?  No! 

This whole colored pistol belts, orange hats, colored scarves and medic tabs thing is the result of a wannabe-ranger attitude that has prevailed at Hawk Mountain for many years.  I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse or singing with the coir, but something's gotta give. 

Is it just me, or do people go to Hawk these days more for the bling than for the training that is offered?  You have to wonder about all these awardable items.