Silver Medal of Valor Picture Pride or Pretentious

Started by James Shaw, September 04, 2007, 04:59:05 PM

James Shaw

Quote from: MIKE on September 14, 2007, 02:58:10 PM
You broke the sig again.  I fixed it the other day.

I apologize for that. I am not very familiar with that type of stuff anymore. I used to work with Fortran, Cobal, and C in the military. I am really rusty!
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

O-Rex

Quote from: caphistorian on September 14, 2007, 10:59:08 AM
I appreciate all of the opinions both for and against. I am very proud of everything I do within CAP because I try to give 100% all of the time. This is not always possible as many of us know. I give CAP 100% when I am with CAP and 100% to whatever I am working on.

The highest award I have ever received could never be worn on a uniform. It is round, purple, and attached to a string with colored beads. My son Killian gave it to me for fathers day 2006 after we watched a movie called the medallion with Jackie Chan and he made it at school it takes up more room in my 2700 square foot house than anything and he beams with pride seeing it on the wall in my home office. I have attached a picture.

We parents are strange creatures indeed:  Macaroni-art trumps Picasso.

Actually, there isn't much difference, is there?

mikeylikey

Anyone with a Silver Medal of Valor is AWESOME!  CAPNHQ should create a websection that shows who has received various awards.  We need to showcase our members more!
What's up monkeys?

Dragoon

Can't you get one of those for directing traffic at a car wreck?   ;)  [duck]

James Shaw

I have spoken directly with one of the three about that and I was told that there is proof in the form of pictures and reports to back it up. They just do not feel the need to prove themselves.
Jim Shaw

Flying Pig

Something as simple as a small bio about the member and the circumstances surrounding the medal would be perfect.   For the Silver and Bronze Medals.  Im sure National keeps a data base about them.  If not, put out the word and people can send in their info to whoever is working on the site.  If I knew anything about web design I'd do it.

James Shaw

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 14, 2007, 06:27:03 PM
Something as simple as a small bio about the member and the circumstances surrounding the medal would be perfect.   For the Silver and Bronze Medals.  Im sure National keeps a data base about them.  If not, put out the word and people can send in their info to whoever is working on the site.  If I knew anything about web design I'd do it.

There has actually been a Medal of Valor Association started and we are going to try and do just that. Those that want to participate only though. I have a list of all Bronze and Silver up to 1992. The rest after that are going to have to be researched.
Jim Shaw

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: caphistorian on September 14, 2007, 07:31:14 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on September 14, 2007, 06:27:03 PM

There has actually been a Medal of Valor Association started and we are going to try and do just that. Those that want to participate only though. I have a list of all Bronze and Silver up to 1992. The rest after that are going to have to be researched.

Do you mean you have a list of those awarded since 1992? Or only those awarded Prior to 1992?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

James Shaw

Jim Shaw