CAP First Responder Patch

Started by CAPLAW, August 26, 2007, 02:16:22 AM

CAPLAW

Is there an authorized patch for first responders in CAP?

Eclipse

No.

(removed a statement which did not address the question and will just start a another circular 400-response thread - can't believe it sat on the table as long as it did.   :P)

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2007, 02:55:05 AM
No.

There was in the last uniform manual.  They did away with EMT patches and such with the badge coming in.

Eclipse

That's right, there >did< used to be a big honkin' red cross!

Was that for FR's, as well as EMT's?

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2007, 03:08:01 AM
That's right, there >did< used to be a big honkin' red cross!

Was that for FR's, as well as EMT's?

I think it was First Responders too.  We had a wing level activity shortly after this change and a couple of us typed up summaries of the changes to distribute.  I think that was how it was.

mikeylikey

Pictures of the patch please?  I would like to see it, as I got rid of my 39-1 from 1997 like in 1999. 
What's up monkeys?

JC004

mikeylikey

AWESOME.  And if memory serves......the patch is HUGE??
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 26, 2007, 04:22:20 AM
AWESOME.  And if memory serves......the patch is HUGE??

abso-freaking-lutely.

mikeylikey

Is there a picture of this new badge? 
What's up monkeys?

JC004

mikeylikey

^  Thanks.  Thanks for doing all the hard work for me.  AKO account coming right up.  As soon as I get that email. 
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Quote from: JC004 on August 26, 2007, 04:13:23 AM
Depends on state.  PA:

That was approved for >CAP< uniforms? I was thinking about the round white circle with the large red cross for the left pocket.

"That Others May Zoom"

James Shaw

I see the uniform ref in 39-1 but I do not see where the qualifications for the EMT badge are. What reg is the quals in for the First Responder  or EMT Badge. I thought it was only allowed for EMT's that were states qualified.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

MIKE

Quote from: JC004 on August 26, 2007, 03:31:43 AMI think it was First Responders too.  We had a wing level activity shortly after this change and a couple of us typed up summaries of the changes to distribute.  I think that was how it was.

First Responder wasn't authorized... although people wore them anyway... it was EMT/Paramedic or CPR.
Mike Johnston

JC004

Anybody got the PDF of the old uniform manual?

Flying Pig

To wear the EMT/Paramedic Badge you have to maintain a current EMT license.  In Ca. EMT licenses are issued by the county, not the state. This badge isnt knew.  Ive been wearing one for about 5 years.

_

CAPLAW-

As was said before, First Responder patches are usually state by state.  I don't think there is a CAP First Responder patch because as far as I know there is no real national standard for First Responder like there is with EMT.  In Maryland the patch was made to match the uniform colors of the State Police.  In MD you earn the patch by taking the state certification exam.  There are generic First Responder patches out there though.  As for what it says in 39-1, it allows for the wear of CPR patches.  First Responder is above CPR so I don't see a real problem with wearing the patch especially since, in my case, I know by them having the patch that they received certification from the state.  I wore it while I was current and I have a cadet now who wears it.  I haven't heard any objections to it and yes I know that doesn't make it right but if CPR gets recognition I think this should.

The patch is a little more subdued but this is the design.

Stonewall

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 26, 2007, 07:11:28 PM
To wear the EMT/Paramedic Badge you have to maintain a current EMT license.  In Ca. EMT licenses are issued by the county, not the state. This badge isnt knew.  Ive been wearing one for about 5 years.

When I got NREMT qualified through the Army in 1993 I remember sportin' the CAP EMT badge.
Serving since 1987.

CAPLAW

When I was a cadet I was wearing the unathorized FR patch DOWN here in FLA  WITH MANY OTHER cadets .  I think it is silly to wear a ptach for cpr, They should authorize a FR patch for uniform wear.  The cadets seem to like it.  I would not wear one just because its part of my job but for the cadets I think it would be a great idea :)