Blue "personalized" Polo Shirt

Started by Stonewall, August 25, 2007, 02:38:58 AM

Stonewall

So, what's the trick to getting your name and aeronautical rating on the blue polo when you order from Vanguard?

I dropped $40 for the one that has the CAP seal embroidered on the right, but it didn't have any place for me to put my name and which badge I wanted.  I wrote it in the "comments" section, but something tells me I'm gonna get a blank shirt.

Do they make'em with GTM badges?
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Did you select the personalized one?

Yes, they'll put basically any badge on, including the fancy stuff like AE and CP.

Stonewall

Yep, I clicked on the personalized icon, but no options popped up.  Hopefully they'll read my comments.  I'm sure they won't process my order for 5 more weeks so I can call on Monday and make sure they got it right.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

They will probably print "Ground Team Member" on it like they were doing with wings in the beginning.  They were actually printing the words "AIRPLANE PILOT" on Aircrew Style Name patches.

Stonewall

If that happens, they'll get a polo shirt returned to them with a loaded baby diaper in the box.  And let me tell you, my baby is toxic.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

If you have to do this, get pictures of the return package before you send it.

flyerthom

If you put it in the commnets it should work. That's what I did for the name badge for the Black leather jacket and it came out just right. Now I just have to get it into the tailor.
TC

sardak

I ordered a personalized polo last month and put the instructions in the comments section.  The shirt arrived exactly two weeks later, with the personalization correct.  I was expecting it not to be so I was relieved.

Mike

jimmydeanno

The comments sections is the appropriate location to specify what you want the name to be, as well as the aeronautical rating.

If you are unsure, you should give them a call and confirm they got the comments.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

genejackson

I ordered 3 of the personalized polo shirts.   In the comments section put "GENE JACKSON"   Command Pilot wings.
All 3 came correctly done and within a week.   I've had great service with Vanguard.
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

RogueLeader

Quote from: genejackson on August 25, 2007, 03:24:04 PM
I ordered 3 of the personalized polo shirts.   In the comments section put "GENE JACKSON"   Command Pilot wings.
All 3 came correctly done and within a week.   I've had great service with Vanguard.
I'd consider yourself lucky Sir.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Pylon

Is it really that hard to add the drop down menu for selecting which type of badge/insignia embroidery you'd like with the name on the shirt?  I mean, what would that constitute?  I whole hour of programming at $35/hour? 

Guess we expect too much from the "sole vendor" of CAP crap.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Just got a call from Vanguard to ask what I wanted on my "personalized" shirt, even though I did put it in the comments section.

Doing so allowed me to ask a question.  No, you can't put 2 badges but they are working on doing so, but yes, I can have Master Ground Team Badge instead of Observer wings, so I went with that.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on August 27, 2007, 08:31:56 PM
Just got a call from Vanguard to ask what I wanted on my "personalized" shirt, even though I did put it in the comments section.

Doing so allowed me to ask a question.  No, you can't put 2 badges but they are working on doing so, but yes, I can have Master Ground Team Badge instead of Observer wings, so I went with that.

haha!  I knew it.

Thanks for the intel.

Stonewall

Got my golf shirt today.  Wife said it looks pretty good (I'm not there to see it).  Only took 3+ weeks to get my stuff.  Some may say "not too bad", I say, for what I paid for the products as well as shipping, it sucks!
Serving since 1987.