Supplement for Name Tape on BDUs

Started by i_am_a_politician, October 18, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

i_am_a_politician

Hi all,

I remembered a while back around the time ABUs were being released, there was a supplement that allowed for dark blue name tapes (similar to the one on the ABUs) on the BDU uniform.  Unfortunately, I cannot find this regulation anymore.  Can someone please help point me in the right direction? (or tell me that I am going crazy and imagining regulations?)
1st Lt Politician

WillTheCommsGuy

You're not imagining it. I think it was more of a word-of-mouth regulation for new members with BDU's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas1972

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

Eclipse

CAP doesn't do "word of mouth regulations".  The change is included in the
original ABU wear instructions.

Here is where you will find all of the "word of printed" versions.
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/publications/indexes-regulations-and-manuals-1700

May 2016 ABU authorization:  https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_0138683E8BE29.pdf

October 2016 Update: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf

"The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) may continue to be worn until the mandatory phase out date of 15 June 2021.
CAP will also begin to transition to dark blue tapes on the Corporate field uniform and BDUs
with a mandatory wear date of 15 June 2021.
"

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on October 18, 2018, 03:55:25 AM
"The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) may continue to be worn until the mandatory phase out date of 15 June 2021.
CAP will also begin to transition to dark blue tapes on the Corporate field uniform and BDUs
"

OK, someone tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this basically say that dark blue nametapes become mandatory on BDUs as of 15 June 2021, but the BDU is being phased out as of 15 June 2021? In other words, the navy blue nametapes become mandatory on the same day they're phased out?

arajca

True, but the corporate field uniform will still be authorized.

Toad1168

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 18, 2018, 09:37:15 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 18, 2018, 03:55:25 AM
"

OK, someone tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this basically say that dark blue nametapes become mandatory on BDUs as of 15 June 2021, but the BDU is being phased out as of 15 June 2021? In other words, the navy blue nametapes become mandatory on the same day they're phased out?

And also rememberr that insignia cannot be mixed.  So if a member changes from aircrew wings that were ultra marine to observer and they buy the new navy ones, they have to change out all insignia to navy.
Toad