Homelands security mission.

Started by darkmatter, June 17, 2018, 08:54:29 PM

darkmatter

Do any wings still participate in homeland security missions? If so is there away with WMIRS to see what wings do and don't?

kwe1009

Yes there are Wings that do HLS mission.  I don't think there is a way to see that in WMIRS.

sardak

1. Yes, there are wings performing HLS missions.
2. Depending on your permissions and quals, you can search WMIRS for HLS or any other type of mission, by mission type, e.g. HLS, or by mission symbol.

edit Expanding on my comments, there are 10 fields which are searchable, not just mission types, some with sub-fields.

Mike

Brad

Search Mission Symbol A18, that's how we list our Homeland Security missions, we do them all the time. Easily found via the advanced search that lets you search out of wing.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

etodd

Quote from: darkmatter on June 17, 2018, 08:54:29 PM

Do any wings still participate in homeland security missions?

What types of missions are these (In broad terms, not details that would have the OPSEC folks screaming.)

Border patrols maybe? What else would HLS use us for?

(Edited to add that I just noticed our Army ATC training flights as well as JMAC testing are listed as HLS, which sure seems strange, but hey, thats the gov't.)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

darkmatter

Always wanted to partake in one but after looking at WMIRS there doesint they never seem to have a need for ground teams just pilots. Well atleast I know how to search for them now thanks.

etodd

Quote from: darkmatter on June 18, 2018, 12:03:57 PM
Always wanted to partake in one but after looking at WMIRS there doesint they never seem to have a need for ground teams just pilots. Well atleast I know how to search for them now thanks.

Hence my question above asking what types of missions HLS entails? The ones I'm aware of are Air Force and one is Army .. so not sure how that ties in with HLS, but thats how they are listed. Maybe it has nothing to do with the mission, but is about how money is being shifted around to different branches of gov't. Maybe HLS is a "clearing house". LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Brad

Quote from: etodd on June 19, 2018, 03:22:05 AM
Quote from: darkmatter on June 18, 2018, 12:03:57 PM

Hence my question above asking what types of missions HLS entails? The ones I'm aware of are Air Force and one is Army .. so not sure how that ties in with HLS, but thats how they are listed. Maybe it has nothing to do with the mission, but is about how money is being shifted around to different branches of gov't. Maybe HLS is a "clearing house". LOL

Majority are air intercept training missions where CAP plays target for various customers to practice. See here: https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages/dhs/cbp/civil-air-patrol-provides-viable-asset-bolstered-border-reconnaissance/
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

waukwiz

Advanced search in WMIRS can also filter results to show missions with Department of Homeland Security as the customer agency, this shows a couple different types of missions in support of HLS.
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
GTM1 • MO • MRO • MSA • ♦UDF