Come on, guys, this isn't hard.

Started by NIN, January 15, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

ZigZag911

I'm a big baseball fan.

Major League Baseball requires the manager and coaches to wear uniforms...the only professional sport that does, as far as I know.

Seems a little silly, but then again, why does someone need a tuxedo to wait on tables in an upscale restaurant or play an instrument in a symphony orchestra?

Organizations have customs and traditions, in part, to build group cohesion.

The regs call for all senior members, at minimum, to own  a set of gray & whites.

I'm not clear on what the big deal is against wearing the darn things occasionally, like at award ceremonies, change of command and such.

That is all part and parcel of CAP...if you choose never, ever to participate in anything but your own limited area of interest, you are missing the scope of the experience, which includes getting to know some dedicated, interesting people.

Your choice, I guess, but it's a shame to see folks deliberately isolating themselves from the rest of the membership.

etodd

Quote from: ZigZag911 on January 17, 2018, 03:34:53 AM

Your choice, I guess, but it's a shame to see folks deliberately isolating themselves from the rest of the membership.

From SAREXs and more, I work with hundreds of CAP members, both Seniors and Cadets. No isolation here.

But, to each his own. The diversity of personality types and varied interests I feel sure is a good thing in CAP.

There is a place in the Squadron for everyone.  :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

eehite

This thread strikes me as a perfect summary of why CapTalk is dead. Three pages in and nobody has learned anything, nobody has convinced anyone, and everyone is steamed.

Nick

What's even more concerning is the three pages of blatant attitude that it's acceptable to disregard a minimum standard, established for all members, that they agreed to when they signed their membership application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Pace

No new commentary in several pages. There's a minimum uniform (blues or aviator). You have to wear an appropriate uniform or civilian equivalent to any event you attend. Not everyone goes to events that require the minimum uniform to be worn. I think that sums this up.

We're done here. *lock*
Lt Col, CAP