Main Menu

BDU Jacket

Started by yolo, December 07, 2017, 04:08:23 PM

yolo

Does anyone know where I can find the BDU jacket?

Abby.L

Thrift store. Army surplus. Fellow CAP squadrons. EBay.

You know, the usual places.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

yolo

Eclipse

Even assuming the still carry it, they will rarely, if ever, be your best source for
anything you can get somewhere else, especially in regards to quality for
stand-issue military uniform parts.

"That Others May Zoom"

Max

I agree with Eclipse. Personally I'd stay as far away from Vanguard BDUs and ABUs as possible. These uniform items, specifically the old VG BDUs, fade like crazy from what I've heard. Surplus BDUs are usually of good quality and can be had for cheap at brick and motar surplus stores as well as online. If you choose ABUs and live near a base the local Airman's Attic or PX should also have a good selection. 

yolo

abdsp51

Quote from: Max on December 07, 2017, 04:21:24 PM
I agree with Eclipse. Personally I'd stay as far away from Vanguard BDUs and ABUs as possible. These uniform items, specifically the old VG BDUs, fade like crazy from what I've heard. Surplus BDUs are usually of good quality and can be had for cheap at brick and motar surplus stores as well as online. If you choose ABUs and live near a base the local Airman's Attic or PX should also have a good selection.

Airmens Attic is typically not for CAP use.  Some have made exceptions.  But it's msin purpose is aid to junior enlisted.

yolo

Eclipse

Put it out of your mind - it's a thrift store on base run for new enlisted personnel using donated
uniforms.  CAP has been barred from access on many bases because of abuse.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on December 07, 2017, 08:41:03 PM
Put it out of your mind - it's a thrift store on base run for new enlisted personnel using donated

eBay is probably your best source, followed by other online retailers, and the the local surplus store.

Craigslist might have something as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Eclipse on December 07, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 07, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

eBay is probably your best source, followed by other online retailers, and the the local surplus store.

Craigslist might have something as well.
This, and, like Eclipse said, avoid the Vanguard ABUs.  My colleague bought an ABU patrol cap, and it is awful.  Poor quality and not the correct color.  Back it went.

wacapgh

Some general advice for your Cadet career - Always start by asking your "next up" in the Chain Of Command.

If you bypass your Element Leader/Flight Sergeant/First Sergeant/Flight Commander they do not get to actually be a leader. By answering your questions, either from what they already know or finding out from their next up, they increase their knowledge of CAP and also are able to get a better idea on what information is not being communicated back down the chain.

"Sargent, where can we get ABU or BDU jackets?"

You get the answer, they get to be a better leader.

Shawn W.

Have you tried consulting your Squadron Logistics Officer? they may have what you are looking for, or they may not; but it doesn't cost you anything to ask.

Just my two cents from a recently former Logsitcs Officer.

Best of luck!

chuckmilam

+1 for this recommendation.  Good company, pleasant customer service staff, fast shipping.  I'm not in any way affiliated with Tacticalgear.com, just a happy customer.