Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 03:43:10 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Tips for Encampment
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tips for Encampment  (Read 266 times)
TheMeepMan
Recruit

« on: December 07, 2017, 12:00:59 PM »

Do you guys have any tips for Encampment?
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »

Yes - go early and often.

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TheMeepMan
Recruit

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »

Okay, thanks. Anything else
Max
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IL-282

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »

Do not bring anything that isn't on the packing list or approved before encampment by your chain of command.  It means you won't have to stick around after graduation to get your contraband back and it is one less contraband bag for the staff to keep track of. 

Also, make sure that you bring everything that IS on the packing list.  Nobody wants to be the cadet that is unprepared for graduation because their blues shirt is still at home in their closet. 

Work with the cadets in your flight as a team.  You're not there to compete with each other for Honor Cadet or guidon bearer.  Its difficult to think of a time when I've been prouder than when the cadets my flight were working together efficiently.  It is a great feeling when the flight passes a team leadership problem with flying colors because you were working and communicating effectively with each other. 

I'm sure others have more advice to contribute but these were the big ones that came to mind. 

Good luck!
Mordecai
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: SI

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »

Don't forget your hat.
TheMeepMan
Recruit

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

Thank you
MSG Mac
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: MER-MD-071

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 02:08:43 PM »

Encampments can be very stressful for first time attendees, take it one day at a time.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
Trenzalorian

Unit: WPI

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

Don't forget your hat.

Or your boots! Or your dress shoes! Or your meds! Or your insurance info!

I've seen too many cadets leave encampment redfaced on the first day because they forgot their uniform materials.
Also, don't try to sneak your phone into Encampment. Yes, we know you want to keep up your snap streak, but for the love of god just let it go
C/Maj ********
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15
NYWG NCO of the Year 2015
NERCLS Winter 16/17
NBB '16, Oscar Operators!
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Tips for Encampment