Main Menu

Uniform Issue

Started by ChamorroPride, November 30, 2017, 08:15:16 PM

ChamorroPride

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on December 01, 2017, 10:49:26 PM

Question:
Is your Cadet Commander asking you to handle it because you go to school with the lad, or because the Cadet Commander doesn't want to deal with it himself/herself?
Because I go to school with him. Otherwise, I'm sure he'd handle it.
C/CMSgt Jacob A. Halbrook, CAP
Cadet First Sergeant
NER-NY-283

ChamorroPride

UPDATE: I talked to the kid. He was actually pretty nice, and he'd taken off all of the insignia minus his name tape. I didn't approach him with hostility, moreso like "You used to be in CAP? Me too, Local Squadron? Why ya still wear the uniform?". I did give him our information because our squadron has since changed locations since he was in. However, after the fact of me talking to him, I was told he'd cussed out a teacher for asking him to remove his BDU cover which he was wearing as a hat, which is not allowed in our school. She later approached a CAP member and said "Wow, I had no idea he was part of your unit.". She told the teacher he had quit, but I still believe it's a bad reflection on us. Nonetheless, I'm hoping he comes to the squadron so we can develop him a little more on the maturity front. He'd only made it to C/A1C beforehand. Thank you all for your advice and input, it really helped me out in dealing with this.
C/CMSgt Jacob A. Halbrook, CAP
Cadet First Sergeant
NER-NY-283