Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 04:48:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Vanguard fleece
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vanguard fleece  (Read 788 times)
Turtle1

« on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »

Good Morning several members of our squadron have purchased the black fleece. After repeated washing and drying the jacket is still leaving black lint over everything. Did anyone else experience this problem?
Thank you.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP
Spam
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GA-001

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »

Yes. It is much like house breaking a pet:

"Bad fleece! BAAAAAD fleece! Back in the wash for you".

The thing that really sucks is when your spouse drives the car after you and gets out with black fleece droppings in a vertical bar down their white shirt (and doesn't notice until after their amused coworkers). You'll hear about it for days. The seat belt is a major fleece remover.

V/r
Spam
CS
Recruit

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Yes, The Rothco Fleece is crap and no amount of washing will ever stop the shedding.  Need to find a a good Polar Black Fleece if you don't want to be embarrassed.
chuckmilam
Recruit

Unit: GLR-KY-216

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

Along the same lines, I had my knit dark blue polo go through the wash with some soft baby clothes.  I'll likely never get the fine white lint off it. 

So far, I haven't had too much trouble with the black fleece, but I've been babying it so it doesn't have to be washed too often.  It helps that I'm a Wisconsin-grown boy now living in Kentucky, so I pretty much wear short sleeves year-round. 
hamburgee
Recruit

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »

I bought a Rothco fleece (only because it was the only thing I could afford, it's also super soft) and I haven't had this problem. I have, however, had problems with holes opening along the seams.
Phillip

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »

I turn my Vanguard fleece inside out when washing.  It helps with the shedding, but it's only resulted in about a 50% reduction.
Captain
Turtle1

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »

Thank you for all your replies. Problem solved Vanguard sent me a return packing slip and will issue a refund. So far they do not have a replacement vendor for a new jacket. Vanguard did acknowledge that this is a known problem with the jacket.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 03:10:35 AM »

I have two civilian black fleece jackets - one from Weatherproof Garment Company, and the other from Port Authority. Neither of them have any shedding problems.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »

The Black Fleece I was issued by the Air Force was made by Peckham.
100% Polyester Synthetic Fleece.
CAPSOC_0pur8ur
Recruit

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »

So if a fleece is 'Small R', is it made to fit over 'Small R' ABU's, or is it sized like a 'Small R' ABU blouse? Basically, if I wear a 'Small R' ABU blouse, should I get a 'Small R' fleece, or a 'Med R' fleece?
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Vanguard fleece