Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 02:54:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Safety  |  Topic: It is SAFE to say....it has finally paid off.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It is SAFE to say....it has finally paid off.  (Read 311 times)
capsafety
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: November 19, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

Well after many years of hard work and tons of research and papers, I have reached my goal of teaching as an Adjunct Professor. I started preparing to become and Adjunct in August and was offered an Adjunct Professor position to teach undergraduate courses in Occupational Safety & Health. Last week I was offered an Adjunct Professor position to teach undergraduate courses in Emergency Management at a different school. I am elated and ready to influence some minds.

I will have the chance to use some of my own research and S.O.S. in my classes.

One of the long term CAP goals I had was to become the CAP Director of Safety and a Colonel. Since they don't have that job anymore or the Volunteer position I found a place for that desire and passion.

I will continue to post safety related conversations when the opportunity pops up.

Currently in a state of CAP Hibernation.
Mordecai

Unit: SI

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »

When did we get rid of that position?
capsafety

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »

When did we get rid of that position?

The Volunteer Director of Safety as a Colonel (Unless already a Colonel) was phased out a few years ago. They eliminated the NHQ Safety Committee and Col Alex Kay was the last of the "Colonel's" promoted to such without being a Wing CC. The Committee and all of it's members were transferred back to their prior Units.

I was one of the Assistant National Director's of Safety for Education & Training when they did that.
Currently in a state of CAP Hibernation.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Safety  |  Topic: It is SAFE to say....it has finally paid off.