Requirements for ES patch

Started by Ethan Larsen, November 20, 2017, 03:04:42 AM

Ethan Larsen

I am just curious about the requirements for the CAP ES patch for the BDUs and ABUs. I am talking about the one with the aircraft on it. Does anyone know if I currently qualify?

I have:

GES, GTM3, UDF
C/Maj Ethan Larsen

kwe1009

The ES patch is NOT authorized on the ABU.  For the BDU the requirement is GES plus one other ES qualification such as GTM3 or UDF so you can wear it on your BDU if your commander has authorized it in eServices.  Check with your commander and/or ESO.

SarDragon

Yes, you qualify.

You can find that info in CAPR 35-6, and CAPM 39-1 (Emergency Services Patch).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

hamburgee

You meet the basic requirements like Kwe said, you need GES plus one other qualification (such as in your case, it's GTM3 :D.) You need commander approval to wear the patch first though, you can get this by going onto eServices, go to operations, then operations qualifications, then if you scroll down a little bit, you'll see a section that says "CAPR 35-6 Ratings, Awards & Badges." Go to the link in that box, scroll down to Emergency Services Awards, and you'll see a check box next to "CAP Emergency Services Patch." Tick that box, then click "Submit" near the bottom left of the page. If your commander approves the patch, you'll get an email saying they did so!

Ethan Larsen

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 20, 2017, 03:25:39 AM
The ES patch is NOT authorized on the ABU.  For the BDU the requirement is GES plus one other ES qualification such as GTM3 or UDF so you can wear it on your BDU if your commander has authorized it in eServices.  Check with your commander and/or ESO.
Phew. Thanks for telling me. I didn't know that, so you really saved my bacon. And noe that I come to think about it, I feel like I have seen people around wearing it on the ABUs...
C/Maj Ethan Larsen

Ethan Larsen

Quote from: hamburgee on November 20, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
You meet the basic requirements like Kwe said, you need GES plus one other qualification (such as in your case, it's GTM3 :D.) You need commander approval to wear the patch first though, you can get this by going onto eServices, go to operations, then operations qualifications, then if you scroll down a little bit, you'll see a section that says "CAPR 35-6 Ratings, Awards & Badges." Go to the link in that box, scroll down to Emergency Services Awards, and you'll see a check box next to "CAP Emergency Services Patch." Tick that box, then click "Submit" near the bottom left of the page. If your commander approves the patch, you'll get an email saying they did so!
Many thanks! Any way I'm thinking about going back to wearing my BDUs a bit, a littlechange always feels nice.
C/Maj Ethan Larsen

hamburgee

Quote from: Ethan Larsen on November 20, 2017, 03:53:13 AMI feel like I have seen people around wearing it on the ABUs...
Yeah, that's not allowed per the ICL. Some people missed that, even in the first days of the ABU in CAP (not to give any grief to the guy who did it, it was an honest mistake and I remember hearing that he removed it):

Ethan Larsen

Quote from: hamburgee on November 20, 2017, 04:09:33 AM
Quote from: Ethan Larsen on November 20, 2017, 03:53:13 AMI feel like I have seen people around wearing it on the ABUs...
Yeah, that's not allowed per the ICL. Some people missed that, even in the first days of the ABU in CAP (not to give any grief to the guy who did it, it was an honest mistake and I remember hearing that he removed it):

Do you know what the regs are for the es patch placement? Is it 1/2 inch above the silver lettering on the name tape?
C/Maj Ethan Larsen

SarDragon

Quote from: Ethan Larsen on November 22, 2017, 05:48:42 AM
Do you know what the regs are for the es patch placement? Is it 1/2 inch above the silver lettering on the name tape?

See my post above. Did you check them out?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Ethan Larsen

I found it. The reason I'm asking is that the 39-1 says 1/2 inch above the tape, and does not mention the lettering, which I heard were important from someone.
C/Maj Ethan Larsen

Eclipse

Quote from: Ethan Larsen on November 22, 2017, 04:22:50 PM
I found it. The reason I'm asking is that the 39-1 says 1/2 inch above the tape, and does not mention the lettering, which I heard were important from someone.

That is only an issue for the other side with badges - blue to blue then white to white.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Ethan Larsen on November 22, 2017, 04:22:50 PM

You always measure from the top of the name tape/CAP tape, not the lettering. In this case it's 1/2" from the top of the name tape to the bottom of the ES patch.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse