emergency services specialty track out dated???

Started by darkmatter, November 16, 2017, 02:16:09 PM

darkmatter

i am involved enough in my squadron and wing to feel that i should open a specialty in ES. but my question is on the CAP website the most current CAPP 213 is dated from 1998, am i looking in the wrong place i feel like this is to out dated to be the correct specialty track guide.

jeders

Quote from: darkmatter on November 16, 2017, 02:16:09 PM
i am involved enough in my squadron and wing to feel that i should open a specialty in ES. but my question is on the CAP website the most current CAPP 213 is dated from 1998, am i looking in the wrong place i feel like this is to out dated to be the correct specialty track guide.

Yes, that's the correct one. Yes, it's out dated.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

darkmatter

I'm crying on the inside and out side now. thanks for the information

Holding Pattern

Out of all the reg/pub rewrites, this is the one that I am waiting for/fearing the most.

PHall

Our ES and DR missions are in a state of flux these days. So it's understandable that the regs have been a bit behind.

Alaric

Quote from: PHall on November 16, 2017, 06:32:00 PM
Our ES and DR missions are in a state of flux these days. So it's understandable that the regs have been a bit behind.

No its not, nearly 20 years, come on.  They could have at least updated it when the 213D class was cancelled

Eclipse

CAPP 213 is outdated by anyone's standard, so is the "doctrine" and curriculum for the majority of the ratings,
however with that said, for the most part, the only thing really "obsolete" is the ECI course,
which has been waivered for years officially by NHQ.

Everything else still applies, even if the baseline tech has changed, and if ESOs across the
board were actually doing what the 213 pamphlet requires, CAP probably wouldn't be in the
situation it's in today.

"That Others May Zoom"

darkmatter

well i was looking at it and noticed it requires 116 part A and B then on eservices there doesint exist a part B and it requires the making of certain things for the squadron like the alret system, which my squadron has so there a few to say at least which i cant follow or preform to the letter so im confused as to handle the technical rating. that as its nearly 20 years old a some one pointed out

Eclipse

Quote from: darkmatter on November 16, 2017, 09:01:02 PM
well i was looking at it and noticed it requires 116 part A and B then on eservices there doesint exist a part B and it requires the making of certain things for the squadron like the alret system, which my squadron has so there a few to say at least which i cant follow or preform to the letter so im confused as to handle the technical rating. that as its nearly 20 years old a some one pointed out

Completion of any rating is the subjective call of the approving authority, which in most
cases is the Unit CC.

You complete the parts that are relevent, and "N/A" the ones no longer possible to complete.

Alert rosters have to be tested and updated regularly, so whatever your schema is, test it and
make sure it's updated.  My wing does central alerting, so in that case, it's a matter of being
cognizant of the "system" used locally, and understanding how it works, etc.

You are supposed to have a mentor assigned (in fact it's required), and he should be knowledgeable
enough to help you with these issues, and if not, consulting the next higher HQ for assistance.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Also, the forms, libraries, and related don't have to be physical documents,
just make sure you know where the relevent system is (Ops Quals, CAP website with regs, NESA curriculum site, etc.)
and how to use them.

If you're printing a lot of paper and putting it in folders or binders, you're just wasting trees and time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

arajca

A summary list of the E resources available at your unit. This would not only in corporate assets and trained personnel, but also member owned assets, i.e. radios, 4x4 vehicles, and facilities (can you use your meeting location as an ICP or staging base with little notice?)

darkmatter

Thanks for all the informations and advice guys