Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 05:02:07 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: #75for75challenge
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: #75for75challenge  (Read 1196 times)
Spam
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GA-001

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »

Wreaths Across America / Worcester Wreaths Inc.?

No thanks. Notwithstanding the sincerity of many of our members that they're doing an honorable thing (for profit), I feel as if we've been duped into being the DoDs version of street corner Moonies. I don't like what it is doing to us ethically, either.

http://www.give.org/charity-reviews/national/veterans-and-military/wreaths-across-america-in-columbia-falls-me-19798
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donate-wreaths-across-america-lesson-003930549.html

V/r
Spam

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »

Grandma donates #75 - the unit gets $63.75.

Grandma donates $75 - the unit gets $75.

Math.

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

xray328

Unit: IL-189

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »

Tougher sell IMHO.  Iím interested to see what the average squadron is bringing in on this 75for75.  I just think itís more difficult to get $75 from your average donor.  $1 Chocolate bars are a tough sell and people get to eat those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProdigalJim
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-VA-082

Aviation Week
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 10:56:46 PM »

Fifteen aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents each chip in $5.00...and Cadet Snuffy reaches $75. Doesn't seem too onerous to me.
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Commander, VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...
Johnny Yuma

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »

Well our favorite Keyboard Cowards have picked up this thread and ran with it into a story, just an FYI...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: #75for75challenge