Main Menu

Requirements for Level 2

Started by deepblue1947, April 15, 2017, 10:33:51 PM

deepblue1947

Wasnt sure if this was the right forum to post this but if it was not, Admin feel free to move it to the correct one.

After attending SLS next month, I will have attained all requirements to go to Level two.  I will have attained, Level one, my technician rating in my specialty track, OBC and SLS. 

My question is this, once I have all those is there any waiting period to attain Level 2 or will the system recognize I had achieved all of these and automatically enter it?

Thank you
MG

MacGruff

Once the system has the records for all of those training events, your PDO should initiate the Level 2 approval process. It's built in to the system so it's a matter of a single mouse click. It will then have to be approved by your Squadron Commander to take effect.

Depending on how diligent those folks are, it could be minutes to weeks. There is no waiting period by regulation.

deepblue1947

Thank you MacGruff.  That was what I wanted to know.

MG

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I would recommend you be proactive on this as well. A few days after SLS check your training record in EServices. Once it is there you can be put in for Level II.

There is no alert or email for your Squadron Professional Development Officer (PDO) to know you've got all the pieces in place. For level III and beyond there are still manual inputs for some of the items.

So a quick email or chat at a meeting would be a good idea. A lot of PDOs are doing that as a second (or third) hat.

TheSkyHornet

Be advised:
Your class instructor may have to provide the roster to your Wing PDO. With my SLS class, our instructor sat on it for quite some time (approximately 3 months), which caused an issue for a lot of people.

Keep up on your training and be sure to follow-up if you don't see any input within a reasonable time frame. Make sure your squadron PDO knows what you're working toward so he/she can assist.

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on April 18, 2017, 03:01:55 PM
Be advised:
Your class instructor may have to provide the roster to your Wing PDO. With my SLS class, our instructor sat on it for quite some time (approximately 3 months), which caused an issue for a lot of people.
+1 requesting a copy of the approved CAPF 11 for your file isn't a bad idea, either.

The 11 is supposed to be sent to the LMMEFORMS email, and NHQ is usually pretty good about processing them in a day or two at most, but
they actually have to get it.

Be persistent, there's no reason the credit shouldn't be posted the next day after the class, or at least that week, why people sit
on them is beyond me.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on April 18, 2017, 03:15:17 PM
Be persistent, there's no reason the credit shouldn't be posted the next day after the class, or at least that week, why people sit
on them is beyond me.

Because I have a life outside of CAP, and I'm busy, and don't have my whole life to dedicate to entering scores!

Then you shouldn't be the one responsible for that task because you obviously filled your free time with excuses. You volunteered for this. Do the job you volunteered to do.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

By regulation, this shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks:

The SLS course director must forward the CAPF 11 and course critiques through the wing commander or their designee (designee cannot be the course director) for signature within 7 days of course completion. Subsequently, the endorsed CAPF 11 and course critiques must arrive at NHQ/DPR not later than 14 days after course completion. A copy of the signed CAPF 11 will also be sent to the region DCS/PD.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 18, 2017, 06:01:49 PM

The SLS course director must forward the CAPF 11 and course critiques through the wing commander or their designee (designee cannot be the course director) for signature within 7 days of course completion. Subsequently, the endorsed CAPF 11 and course critiques must arrive at NHQ/DPR not later than 14 days after course completion. A copy of the signed CAPF 11 will also be sent to the region DCS/PD.

I think we can all relax assured to that the regulations are always adhered to.

EMT-83

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on April 18, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

This is a Compliance Inspection item. A discrepancy here would be a pretty big deal.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 18, 2017, 06:20:10 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on April 18, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

This is a Compliance Inspection item. A discrepancy here would be a pretty big deal.

I just checked my records:
- Completed SLS 15 May 2016
- Sent an email inquiring about its entry on 27 June 2016
- SLS entered into eServices 27 July 2016

deepblue1947

I sincerely appreciate everyone's input into this and I will definitely keep on top of it.  Thank you all again.

Mike