Fundraising

Started by Shaforle, April 12, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

Shaforle

Hello, we are a fairly new squadron and are looking for some acceptable fundraising ideas?
Is that something you guys could help me with?
Thanks! 

Eclipse

Frozen pizza sales, candy bars, cheesecakes, car washes (plane washes are usually a non-starter).

Co-op coupon sales.   Popcorn sales.

Make sure to get Wing CC approval in advance.

"That Others May Zoom"

Paul Creed III

I just had https://www.shopwithscrip.com/ approved for the units in my group.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

etodd

Who is having luck with corporate sponsors, like they do with Adopt-a-School, etc.?  One corporate sponsor handing out a check for $1k would sure beat several weekends of car washes and donut sales.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

NC Hokie

Quote from: etodd on April 12, 2017, 10:59:27 PM
Who is having luck with corporate sponsors, like they do with Adopt-a-School, etc.?  One corporate sponsor handing out a check for $1k would sure beat several weekends of car washes and donut sales.

I have four words and a URL for you:

Walmart Community Grant Program
http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=2797&x_proposal_type_id=22074

It's good for up to $2500.00 per Walmart store in your area.  Will you get the max from every store you apply to?  Probably not, but an extra $500.00 from a store or two is a very nice return for an hour spent filling out their online application.

That reminds me...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

kcebnaes

Quote from: NC Hokie on April 13, 2017, 01:16:39 AM

http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=2797&x_proposal_type_id=22074

It's good for up to $2500.00 per Walmart store in your area.  Will you get the max from every store you apply to?  Probably not, but an extra $500.00 from a store or two is a very nice return for an hour spent filling out their online application.

That reminds me...

Holy crap. I didn't know this was a thing! Now, I wonder just how many Walmarts there are in NW Ohio?
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Eclipse

Every Walmart in Ohio tommorrow...

"That Others May Zoom"

almostspaatz

Quote from: kcebnaes on April 13, 2017, 02:46:36 AM

That reminds me...

Holy crap. I didn't know this was a thing! Now, I wonder just how many Walmarts there are in NW Ohio?

Many retail chains have a certain amount they are required to 'invest in the community' per directives from there corporate hq through charitable donations, consider other large stores besides Walmart.
C/Maj Steve Garrett

Paul Creed III

Quote from: kcebnaes on April 13, 2017, 02:46:36 AM

That reminds me...

Lots in NE Ohio. Just got this approved by the OHWG/CC and sent out to my units.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Cebman21

Quote from: Shaforle on April 12, 2017, 05:15:13 PM
Hello, we are a fairly new squadron and are looking for some acceptable fundraising ideas?
Is that something you guys could help me with?
Thanks!
I see a lot of people do Krispy Kream donuts and have good success.
Mitchell award 66931

kcebnaes

Quote from: Eclipse on April 13, 2017, 03:05:01 AM
Every Walmart in Ohio tommorrow...

The accuracy of this though..

Gotta get the boss-man to approve it first!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

THRAWN

There are a lot of options these days. You have the traditional car wash, pizza sales route. You also have a couple of work smarter options. My wife is a teacher and her class holds a fundraiser at Friendly's once a month. My local elementary school holds a McDonald's night. A percentage of every sale goes to the school. Same with Chic-filet. There are also a couple of local businesses that do similar things (between 5-9PM, they will give a percentage of their sales). Some of the locals are much better than the national chains. They're in the community and seem to want to help more. Grants are also an option if you're willing to put in the work on them.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

TheSkyHornet

Boosters, and moms.

I don't know what it is. I find that some moms are able to rake in some big donations during booster fundraisers. Our booster held a fundraising event last October for raffle baskets. One mom managed to go around to various businesses and had something like 18 baskets donated to the raffle, free of charge (free advertising and a write-off). It brought in $2500.

Kudos to the moms. They have some gift that I can't even begin to comprehend.